Chapter 24- That much I knew

'And look at you, you have so much
                              ...meaning'

-Seeker

_______________________

That much I knew

Sadhvi’s POV

It was Christmas eve and I was yet to decide what we are going to do tonight.

I sat there on the bed applying lotion to my freshly scrubbed body when Avrudh’s voice came,
“Get dressed in something warm during dinner time, we are having dinner out tonight”

My cross legged seated self paused applying lotion around the top of my chest to the access my sweater gave.

I looked at him pursing my lips when he stepped a little more inside the door way of our bedroom.

“It’s cold out” I murmured

“That’s why wear something warm I am saying” he re-taunted.
Avrudh stood their determined with his hands tucked inside his sweats pockets and face marrying those dimples which I couldn’t ever deny to.

I sighed looking at him, even though I was dying for a romantic dinner out with him I did not wanted to look desperate for it. I looked at my husband with doe eyes, “Okay”

Looking at my comical smile his dimples disappeared but the smile failed to retreat from his eyes.

I was in love with his dimples if I needed to mention that even—after his big nose though.

Capping the lotion back I grinned and blinked at him, with a shake of his head Avrudh turned to leave the room.

I threw the bottle beside me on the bed and fell backwards on the plushy mattress with a loud sigh. I smiled at the ceiling.

I hadn’t realized he was still there when his voice spoke, “What am I going to do with you!”

Whether he asked the question to me, to our helpers or to the god all mighty, that heaven only knows because my mouth opened before anything to respond to that.

“Watch it sir, or else with this speed you are to fall in love with me”
I folded my hands under my head

Avrudh stood there around the door for a pause before muttering, “Maybe it’s too late now for the warning” and then he left.

With the hammering of my heart I laid there for a breath.

The reason for my tachycardia was my nonsense of words or was his honest response I wouldn’t know but I was sure to die.

That much I knew.

Running my tongue along the lining of my cheeks inside my mouth, checking for god knows what I pretended to think.