Chapter 3 - From home to the office

'She wasn't looking for a knight,
she was looking for a sword'
-Atticus

_______________________

From home to the office

Sadhvi's POV

Monday morning found me standing in front of my dressing mirror, getting ready for work.

Wearing my final accessory, my watch, I picked my bag up the couch kept near the window of my bedroom and walked out to join my family for a quick breakfast.

My Papa ji is Assistant commissioner of Delhi Police, Vasant Vihar and my mother is a teacher, she teaches physics in a coaching centre, much to my amazement.

My sister is a solicitor, she just started working in a corporate law firm nine months ago and my brother is right behind her, solicitor aspirant.

Papa ji is three years away from his retirement and Mummy, is not even planning to retire anytime soon, she says she is still young.

My brother is interning in the same company where my sister is working so they leave for work together.

Mummy and I leave for work together because her school falls in my way.

Papa ji has his office car driving him to his work and fro. Perks of serving the nation.

White big cars, personal driver and an escorting hawaldar

Mummy was serving parathas which she has cooked waking up early in the morning and my sister was serving juice

The maid in the kitchen was doing dishes.
I sat on my chair passing smiles to everyone,
" You make the most lethal gobhi parathas in the world mummy."

She laughed sitting beside my father once done serving.

We ate breakfast in peaceful silence when my fathers' phone pinged with a message.

"Acha, I forgot to inform you, Meheka's Boss will come to your clinic today with his sister. Harpreet, is having backache for some time now."

"Okay I will inform the reception"

He nodded and his phones ringed again, its been like this since forever now.

Papa ji and his phone calls, he talk on phone more than he talk to us. I might be exaggerating but you don't know what I lived through.

He has two handsets. One for official calls and one for personal calls, which doesn't really change much because everybody knows both of his contact numbers so both the phones ring everytime.

Everytime I try to call him his phone is busy. Both of them.

"Done reading the file of the case you were talking about" I asked my brother to which my sister snorted

"He kept knocking my door the whole night, he is very nervous about it."
She said looking at him and then me

"You will do good"
I said bumping my shoulder with his since he was sitting to my right and my sister to his next.

"Easy for you too. I am under so much pressure. All four of you keep asking me"

"Hey we are worried about you"
I said

He only nodded, "I know. I will try my best in presentation"

"You will do good beta" Papa ji assured him and Mummy smiled