Chapter 40 - Call from Mummy

'Let me write
about our love,
I can hear your heart
beating
in the body
of my poems'
           - Alexander Visiliu
                      The author of BLOOMING

______________________________

Call from mummy

Avrudh’s  POV

I was lacking words to describe the amount of happiness residing in me these days. For one, I wanted to shout it out loud to Sadhvi, just to see her bubbling laughter but for second, I wanted to hold that in, try to let it burn me whole.

Eat me alive, this will intensify the amount of satiety I was getting.

I was full suddenly with nothing else needed.

Me, Sadhvi and our little bubble of love.

Sadhvi with a little knock walked in and created a havoc.

She turned the direction of wind with so much calmness that I was totally unaware when I started to sway and soon after flew her way.
Floating.

I was going crazy day by day.

I closed my eyes shut and inhaled a deep breath in.

It has been five months of us being married now and it felt like it was just yesterday she came to measure me out. To check whether I am a man in flesh, or she was to say yes to a robot.

I smiled realizing my plan to freshen my mind by inhaling deep failed because the devil herself was clouding my mind.

I tried concentrating back into the files which were to be done before we leave tonight for the farmhouse, the venue for Avesh’s and Meheka’s wedding.

Still without Sadhvi's approval, my brother and Meheka are getting married. Sadhvi is acting all grumpy about it but she's is happy. I know it.

I read and re-read the last page but to no avail, an image of Sadhvi sitting on my lap crying about getting scolded by her mother for not buying the sari of her choice.

I chuckled remembering the solution I gave which earned me a slap on my cheek. Lightly though, but the woman proved she wasn’t scared of me even for a bit.

“Are you thinking about cheating on me behind my back?”
Sadhvi accused with playful eyes leaning against doorframe crossing her arms around her chest

"Naah munna naah, you better know my husband is a judge and a powerful one at that. I too am a physiotherapist, can break your bone and my father is in Delhi police. So on short you will be screwed."

My eyes shined and lingered at her figure standing there. I was never getting enough of her barging into my life and knocking the sense out of me, literally. I was one proud husband to accept that.

“Maybe” I said laughing, shutting the file off completely and tucking the notepad inside as bookmark. I smirked at her.

“I think I need to remind you who the boss here is” Sadhvi said grinning and made her way to sit on my lap.

Once settled she hugged me and resting her head on my chest rubbed my stomach, “Mummy called once again”

I chuckled, “I told you, you can always wear my tux if you want to, you will look hot” I winked at her

She made one of her famous face at me, and before she could touch my cheek once again I help her fingers interlocked with mine,
“You bet your ass I would… if only I was allowed to”