Chapter 11 - The 'D' day

'I did fall in love with you
for a reason.
There's no one else
like you.'

_____________________
The 'D' day

Sadhvi's POV

I was sitting behind my trainee, chest to back.
Her back was in between my legs and I was instructing the soon to be fathers to support their wives, when their wives are going under labour.

“All mothers look right here and see how she is breathing in and out, a single deep breathe in, hold it and then release out slowly with your mouth”

“Repeat this procedure until you feel the next contraction during labour. Don’t contract your pelvic floor muscles. Fathers! I want you to hold them, support them in the position.”

Both I and my trainee pulled off from the position and we walked around the crowd to correct our students.

Almost six of the mothers here were past their second trimester.

This was the last set for today and after them I had an appointment with Harpreet Bua ji by 2 in the afternoon.

I was suddenly happy and looking forward to her appointment these days. Now that we are very much related we have been spending quite a time together.

Sometimes she comes here by herself, directly from her office or sometimes with my mother-in-law soon to be.

They both talk a lot with me.
I was here spending quality time with my mother-in-law and Bua-in-law and there my sister was spending time with my father-in law and brother-in law.

I was having my share of happiness. It has been a week since my roka.

Often Bua ji and Kanika aunty are here ten or fifteen minutes earlier to their appointment so that they get to see pregnant mom’s exercising and they join them too sometimes.
Sharing or experiencing—they enjoy that more.

I walked inside my cabin once the session finished and sipped from the tumbler I had brought today with me, homemade pineapple juice.

I turned to take my notepad out from the cupboard under the table when Bua ji knocked at the door.

I was going to study some topic because I was a little confused with the contraindicative measures when she entered beaming.

“Namaste Bua ji”

I stood up from my place and went to touch her feet, she patting my head once said,
“Namaste gudiya. How are you today?”       
*Doll

“I am good. You say how’s your back doing?” I asked her pulling the chair out for her to sit

“It is good and I feel very much better now that I saw you” she joked, obviously

I laughed and sat beside her on the second chair, “On a scale of 1 to 10, How is the pain?”

“2, I guess now”

“Very good. We are going fantastic”

“Ofcourse we are, you know your work.”