Chapter 12 - The Date day

'There is a beautiful thing inside you,
that is thousands of years old.

Too old to be captured in poems.
Too old to be loved by everyone.
But loved so very deeply
by a chosen few.

-Old Soul by Nikita Gill

_____________________
The Date day

Sadhvi's POV

I was totally dressed to impress today.

Outcome of the date was yet to be seen but I wanted something worth making me smile. I wanted a feeling to linger at nights when I lay drowsy in bed with the upcoming nights sweet memory.

I wanted something to dream about.

I took Pilates class in the afternoon and review patients as usual and by half past five thirty I was free.

I had a plan, a plan to be fashionably late today.

Instead of meeting him by 6, I will be there by quarter past six. Yes, late but not too late. I wanted him to wait but not too much wait.

You get me right?

I was wearing my favourite shady blue A-line kurta and dark blue pants today.

After attending patients and classes I decided to do some touch-up, when Rajveen left the clinic wishing me good-bye and the most required good luck.

I walked inside the bathroom on my floor and wore my accessories, I wore my silver jhumkas, combed my hair after that I ran my hands through them.
This make them look settled but not finely, this gives them a nice look. Messy but neat.

I was strapping my heels when the intercom ringed, I walked out of the bathroom and received the call, almost everyone left by now.

Me and the receptionist and a boy from pantry were there.

“Hello”

“Ma’am your father called, he said that his driver is on his way to arrive, if you haven’t left than could you check him?”

I sighed. Here goes my plan.

“Okay, I will call my father”

Papa ji is aware that my phone is usually on silent mode when I am at work, the reason being him calling at the reception.

I called my father immediately,
“hello, Papa ji”

“Hello bacche. You are still there?”

“Yes but I was about to leave”

“It won’t take long beta, can you please assess him once, he is in pain today a lot. I will talk to your mother, she won’t say anything about you coming late.”

“Yes, but…Avru…”

“He is calling me, look he must be outside the clinic”

I walked to look outside the window of my cabin and indeed my dad’s driver was there, he was paying the cab.
“Okay, I will see him but papa ji I was going out for dinner”

“Oh… oh I totally forgot about that. I am sorry I should have asked you earlier.”

As if it’s ever going to happen.
He never informs anyways. Just any normal police officer he got the same habit of rading in.