Chapter 31- Answer to my prayers

'The moon and the stars
tried there best,
But I couldn't look
away from you'
                - Love and space dust (pinterest)
____________________________

'The moon and the starstried there best,But I couldn't look away from you'                - Love and space dust (pinterest)____________________________

Answer to my prayers

Sadhvi’s POV

I sat crossed leg on my bed when Avrudh refused to acknowledge my pleas. I maybe looking like a fish sporting the same pout but he wouldn't even listen.

He sat there on the floor with Copper on his lap petting him, hugging him and talking like talking to a baby.

This was definitely not in my mind when I bought Copper into my life, now the way Avrudh was behaving was making me to separate them and hug Avrudh to myself only. And growl a 'mine' too.
Dear lord.

I was in the need for therapy because I was jealous of my dog.

I pouted bad when I found myself on the verge of crying,
“Avrudh please… Sorry” I blinked hard

“You know who is a good boy…. You are a good boy” Avrudh babied my dog like never before and I felt my tears threatening to fall, he wasn’t even looking at me.

Avrudh was making me pay for getting myself a distraction in the place of talking to him, instead of talking and solving the matter. It wasn’t like he was faking his love for the dog either.

I sighed getting up from the bed.
“Avrudh this will never happen again. I promise.”

Monica knocked on our bedroom door before entering the room,
“Mom is asking when are you going to do the evening aarti Bhabhi?”

I wiped the tear that escaped hiding my face from Monica’s eyes. I pretended to pick on a thread on my kurti saying,
“I will be down in a second” I inhaled the snot silently

“Shall I ask mother to arrange the plates and offerings?”

I inhaled the tears saying, “Yes, do that” nodding to myself

“Okay Bhabhi” she said and left the room.

Avrudh sighed getting from the floor and started moving out of the room when I held onto the hem of his t-shirt.
As if dear life, which was practically true.

He stopped slightly turning his head, there Copper remained nuzzling my leg I sobbed a little saying,
“I am sorry. Please. Please. Please.”

Avrudh said nothing just stood there listening to me.
When I hugged his back closer to my chest, “I wanted to do all this by myself because this is how I’ve always been. I am used to being the rock, a support for my sister, my brother, sometimes my mother and a right hand for my father. Avrudh, I am not the one who asks for help, I never did. I learn from the mistakes I make and never repeat them again. I was thinking maybe… maybe this time also I will do this and once everything is done and be sorted we will celebrate together”
my grip on his chest tightened.