Chapter 20 - I don't share

'A sunflower soul
with rock n roll eyes
curious thoughts
and a heart of surprise'
-LoveThisPic
___________________________
Tap on the ⭐ button @_@
___________________________

I don’t share

Sadhvi’s POV

I walked into the kitchen greeting Grace aunty, “Hi”

She nodded smiling at me; now making rotis, whatever she was preparing earlier was inside the pan ready to be served. It was quarter past seven in the evening.

Oh I was missing cooking on my own already. I was itching to prepare something but it can wait for later I had more work to do or more like an escape plan to execute.

The little sigh that escaped from me infront of my husband previously I was embarrassed for that reason, although Avrudh had no idea of what cooks in my mind but the decent part of me surely did.

A little paranoid of making a stupid out of myself, I was here planning to surround myself to escape the shame. A distraction I needed.

A ting sound came and I looked around to focus on what was inside the oven being baked.

Monica from behind went to the oven when it tinged.

“What have you made?” I asked smelling the scent of something sweet, tucking my hands inside the jeggings pockets I was wearing, I moved forward

She took out two trays of blue berry muffins and I went into coma there itself, “You made muffins for us”

I almost jumped on my spot like an idiot, which I was behaving like today anyways, I walked upto to Monica,
“We didn’t but Avrudh Bhaia sure did.”

She said grinning and kept the tray on the counter. He made twelve of them.

I stood there a little in shock. Avrudh can bake! This recent information brought a memory back in my mind. The texture of muffins was similar and I was sure here about the muffins I received on our very first date were the muffins he prepared for me. Especially.

“Avrudh cooks the best food ever”
Grace’s face smiled on its own, it was like she was living a memory. A memory that they share as a family like Mom told me yesterday.

Grace Aunty has been a part of the family since Avrudh was a five year old toddler, from taking care of him as a nanny Grace aunty has been there and the count of the memories they must be sharing together were beyond my fingers to point at.

I smiled looking at her. Suddenly I wanted her to tell me more, I wanted to know more about Avrudh, how he cared for her and her daughter. Because I wanted to be the same, I wanted to have what he has with them, I wanted to be a part of this sweet smile.

They adore him it was written all over their faces and Avrudh respected them no doubt.

I blinked, the feelings I stood there developing in me for him were intense, too strong that I was dying to take them out. But couldn’t.

I was respecting him, I was earning his trust slowly, I was being a part of his life with baby steps, I was getting used to him and I was trying to fit in his world.

I was falling and I wanted to know before causing the damage that the fire is mutual or not. I was leaving severe effects on my path ahead something told me.

The bird in my stomach started fluttering her wings reminding me of that day when I was busy telling him otherwise, the guy was secretly seeking my good words for the dessert he had prepared for me that night and this night too.