200 - Rebecca

"I'm not coming downstairs today," Colby's voice spoke through the blanket of sleep surrounding me.

"Why?" Sam, a more than unpleasant voice still, asked.

"I've got plans," the body beneath my head shifted in a shrug, "and Rebecca's coming with."

"Does she know that yet?"

"No."

"What are your plans? If it's going to make it uncomfortable for us all night..."

Colby chuckled, catching me so off guard that I felt my body jolting me awake. "Nah, that'll be later." Sam groaned. "I'm not saying what we're doing, just know it isn't in the house."

"You don't want anyone to come with?"

"She's still got blood in her system and so do I—we'll be able to defend ourselves." He paused. "She's waking up, though, and we both know how she feels about you."

Sam sighed. "Right, I guess I should go before I get stabbed. Have a good time wherever you go, dude. Please don't make her angry somehow? I like us all getting along."

"Same, bye Sam."

There was a beat of silence then a tingly sensation drifted up my arm, over my shoulder, then beneath my chin. I felt my eyes fluttering to open as my head was lifted up. The room we were in was dark—our room—and the covers were providing a pleasant source of warmth aside from Colby's own body, though he also kept me chilled.

His other hand, which laid somewhere beneath me, pulled me tighter to his body, which was just about the last straw for asleep me. My eyes opened to the almost-black room and I met the blue of Colby's gaze instantly. He was watching me, waiting for me to wake up. He didn't say anything yet knowing I wasn't quite there, in the room with him.

I blinked a few times and drew in a deep breath as I stretched, making him smile and let go of me to do it. I heard something click but ignored it, tucking back into his side. He accepted me, but he didn't brush his fingers through my hair like usual.

"Where are we going?" I mumbled with my eyes shut once more.

"I can't tell you yet."

I groaned. "Why?"

"It's not you who can't know, it's the others," he said with a smile in his voice. "We could have gone before everyone was up, but you've decided to lie in."

"Fuck off," I grumbled and he laughed. I had to open my eyes to see the smile on his face, and I wasn't left disappointed. He met my gaze when he calmed shortly after. "Casual?" I asked.

"Definitely."

"Okay." I slid out of bed, hurrying to the bathroom so I could get into the shower. I changed into a pair of black shorts and a matching crop top—since I didn't want to dress up at all—then found out a pair of almost-flat shoes. My dagger slid into the pocket of the shorts and anything else I wanted to take was shoved quickly into a backpack.