44 - Rebecca

My back hit the wall as Colby kissed me, hard

          My back hit the wall as Colby kissed me, hard. One of his hands was on the side of my face, the other tugging my hips against him. I felt his anger seeping through me. If he had done anything to Aryia, it hadn't made him feel better in the slightest. But this — a simple, yet heated kiss — calmed him down.

It was a miracle for the others. For me, it was just intoxicating.

When Colby pulled back, I could hardly breathe still. He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the red room without a word to the others, leading me down the hall and up the stairs. He held his door open for me. I went in without argument. As soon as he had the door shut, he covered his face with his hands. I watched him breathe heavily for a few moments, trying to calm himself down further. Whatever possessed me, I wasn't sure, but I just knew to rest my hand on his stomach, just for a little bit of contact between us.

Slowly, he came out of his sulk and wrapped his arms around my waist, digging his face into my neck. I let him because I knew what he was feeling; I knew he was experiencing the anger high coming down, which was harder to get through than fighting someone. That was why we tended to let the anger out instead of control it.

Eventually, his nose nudged my jaw and then he stood up straight.

"What did you do?" I asked quietly.

"Nothing."

"Lie."

"I threatened him." Colby shrugged. There was more to it, and he knew I'd already figured it out. "And I may have punched him once," he admitted.

"I'm offended you didn't invite me to take a shot," I said as I tilted my head to the side.

He snorted, shaking his head. "Next time I will."

"I'll hold you to that. Where is Aryia now?"

"In his room. And he's not leaving until I say he can."

That was a lie, but I was certain that Aryia wasn't dead or anything, so I let it go and focused on what the other side of my head was thinking.

My brow raised. "You have that much control around here?"

He nodded, smirking a little. I had to try hard to pretend the thought of Colby bossing everybody around wasn't exciting. I didn't think I succeeded, though, because his lip twitched.

"Huh. What time is it?"

My phone read eleven, to my surprise. I thought about my plans tomorrow — to go to the studio again and how much energy it would take me to do it — and knew that I would have to get as much sleep as possible.

I pried Colby's hands away from me, keeping only one to drag him to his bed where I let go and found out my big t-shirt. Colby turned most of the way around, but didn't have his back to me.

"I was thinking of going to the studio again tomorrow," I said as I dropped my jacket on his bed.

"Why?"

"I don't know, I just have so many ideas. I think I came up with a whole new line downstairs. Everything that I've... repressed is coming out at once, I think. And I want to get it down before I forget it." I paused, knowing that what I was going to say would piss Colby off. "Jax offered to make the clothes I design into actual clothes."

"Jax," Colby repeated in more of a growl.

"Yes. But not just him. Apparently, all of them want to help. I don't think it's help so much as it's too scared to say no if I were to ask." I shrugged. "As long as they work at high quality, I honestly don't give a shit."

"What are you going to do at the studio?"

"Organise everything mostly," I groaned. "This new line will make... five? God, I can't even imagine finishing all of those." I shivered as I threw my clothes into Colby's washing pile.

He turned his head to me, glancing at my legs for a second.

"But I don't want to be there too long. It makes me feel too much like a designer."

He frowned, gently taking a hold of my hips. "What's wrong with that?"

"Right, I never explained it to you. Oh well. I'm too tired now, I just want to sleep."

His voice came out as a whine, like he didn't want me to go to sleep. "We haven't really fought yet."

"Did you forget that I bit you?"

He rolled his eyes.

"Is it so bad we haven't fought, Colbs? We've both wanted to hit something — you actually did and I envy that. Our anger's been focused elsewhere."

"How healthy," he muttered. "Believe it or not, I like arguing with you. You can actually hold your own whilst no one else can."

I grinned and wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing his cheek.

"Besides, you don't take it as a joke like everyone else."

"Yes, it's such a good thing that I know you're actually angry at me," I said sarcastically. "Can no one else seriously hold their own?"

He shook his head. "Maybe Tara, when she's angry enough."

"Hm. They're all boring then, clearly."

He smiled. Glancing at his lips had me wanting to kiss him, but I didn't. We were doing good and I wanted to co-exist with him, rather than be so physical and argumentative.

"We're gonna have to fight double-time tomorrow to make up for today."

"Mhm," I agreed, half asleep even though I was standing up.

He let out a little sigh as his hands slid under my thighs. He lifted me up, wrapping my legs around his waist as he walked me to and dropped me on his bed. I pulled him down with me, but he just stood up. I frowned.

"I need to talk to everyone downstairs," he told me, nodding to the door.

I huffed, rolling to face away. He leaned across the bed, one hand on my shoulder to steady himself as he kissed my cheek. Next thing I knew, he was gone. I could have sworn he'd disappeared way too fast, but he'd turned the light off on his way out so I didn't care.

I curled up with the covers over me and let my eyes drift shut.