56 - Rebecca

That pissed me off more than I could say. Colby, who had apparently locked himself in his room since he came back from my place the other day, had emerged just to argue with the rest of the group after the girls had left. And he'd only told the loyal guys in relationships that they could go clubbing and find the girls — he knew I would be there. Then he went out of his way to make sure that none of the single guys would be here to, what? What would they have done with me?!

I wasn't his to protect from his own horny friends, and what was worse, was that now a part of me wanted one of the single guys to be here so I could stick a huge middle finger in Colby's face. There was no way they thought us serious enough to avoid me when I looked good and hit on them.

But no, Colby hadn't let them come out.

My voice was an angry snarl when I spoke. "I'm not Colby's to fucking protect from his horny friends." My voice wasn't directed at anyone in particular; just whoever was listening.

"I'm with you," Tara replied in a snap. "Kevin is so much fun when he's at a club. If the boys are crashing girls night, I at least want him!"

Katrina didn't look so sure as she watched me now, acutely aware of my new-found anger. I could tell by the look on her face that she knew what I did when I was angry: punch or fuck — or make out, in some cases. I didn't know which one I would do now, standing in the middle of the club. There were plenty of options for the second fix to my anger, though I felt a little sick at just the thought of doing something with one of them. And it didn't look like I could go and punch a wall, either, so I was a little stuck.

The only other choice was coffee, but that would completely destroy the already-weak buzz going on inside me. Would alcohol help? I had never really drank to forget about my anger before...

Cassie returned just then, like a sign from the universe. She was balancing three cocktails in her hands with ease, her eyes on the people she pushed through. A few of them moved out of her way when they saw her face, which was a curious sight to behold.

I was handed a drink and half of it was gone in a matter of seconds. I wanted the buzz; I wanted the happiness; I wanted the distraction all of it would bring. Without it, I thought I might go mad.

Tara looked at our drinks with an annoyed expression. "You could have bought me a drink, you-"

She was cut off by Griffin's voice, which I realised I hadn't actually heard before. "Don't fear, milady!" He held two drinks in his hands, Xepher following him with another two. Devyn was behind them. "I bring your beverage!" Griffin continued in a strange old-timey fake accent.

Tara smiled as she curtsied to him and took the drink he held out. "Thank you, sir," she said.

Griffin smiled at her before he turned around and walked off. Xepher handed Devyn the other drink and we became a circle again, just us girls

"We have good news," Devyn called over the music, her timid voice struggling to overpower it. "The boys aren't coming down here."

"What's the point in fucking coming then?" I growled as I poured a half of the rest of my drink down my throat. It stung as it crawled its way through my body.

Tara spoke in a stern, annoyed voice. "They didn't know they wouldn't be coming down here when they came."

I raised a brow at her, glancing up at the balcony. Jake was peeking just his head over the railing so that he could see Tara and I could have sworn he was smiling, though it was too hard to see from down here. Tara was mostly a bad bitch, yet I had never seen her really tell Jake what to do; she was like an accessory he made out with. But right now, I saw the two sides of Tara mixed.

And I was relieved.

Cassie downed the whole of her drink like it was nothing and grabbed Katrina's hand, spinning her around. She giggled happily, unable to contain the drunk cheer — it kind of just blended with the normal Katrina. "Let's give them a show!" Cassie exclaimed.

Next thing I knew, Tara was at my backside again trying not to spill either of our drinks as we enjoyed ourselves. As soon as my entire drink was inside of me, the buzz was back in full force. I moved relentlessly to the music without tiring all too much. I knew that, at some point, I would no longer be able to have this sort of resistance and I would start the cycle of exhaustion, but I didn't care.

This was exactly the night I had pictured, wanted, and needed. Besides the hiccup with the boys, who were behaving themselves on the balcony anyways.

This was perfect.