109 - Rebecca

My phone started ringing right as I was about to kiss Colby. I didn't care who it was because I was going to do the same thing to them no matter who they were: ignore. I clicked the off button, silencing the phone as to not disturb us again. My phone, for that split second I saw it, had read Tara, who had balls to interrupt my date with Colby knowing we were still on it. Or maybe she thought I was on his lap parked in the middle of nowhere, but semantics.

Colby glanced down at my phone then back up to my face, his eyes flicking straight to my lips. We were sitting close, riding down from a high of an almost-laughing fit in the middle of Tender Greens. I heard his phone buzz and guessed it would be the group. "We should answer them," he muttered, unexpectedly.

We were still close. "Why?"

"They know not to bother me unless it's important." He did have a point: most of his group weren't suicidal and wouldn't dare to bother us unless it was important. But I didn't want to sit here and discuss that with Tara when I could continue to have a good time with Colby. He read my mind. "Just step outside for a minute. We can go somewhere else tonight if you want to, although it is kind of getting late."

I rolled my eyes. "Tired?"

He grinned, brushing my cheek with his lips then whispering in my ear. "Not at all." He kissed me lightly but it knocked the air out of my lungs. I almost whimpered when he pulled back. "Go and call Tara, and I'll pay."

"Fine," I grumbled, kissing him again as I stood up. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, reluctantly finding Tara's number. As I passed through the front door of the Tender Greens, somebody else walked past me and slammed into my side... then proceeded to walk casually inside like nothing had happened. I whirled around ready to find the bitch I was about to slap, but I didn't see anyone in the immediate area. Fucker had sped to a table, no doubt.

The moment I turned back around to walk, a silver car flew over the road and almost ran me over, but I reacted in time to back away. I looked for the driver. I couldn't see them: the windows were heavily tinted.

"Ass," I growled as the car drove away. My feet moved faster to get to Colby's car now, forgetting entirely about calling Tara for the time being. She could wait if I was going to have to get run over by a car to talk to her. I didn't feel like breaking my neck.

Of course, Colby's car was locked, so I had to hang around it instead of getting inside. I leaned against the driver side door with my phone out, the brightness low to hide my face as much as possible. Tara's call was easily found since I didn't really call anyone but Colby anyway. I reluctantly called her back; it hardly rang before she answered me.

"Hey, bitch," she greeted in the normal fashion.

That made me angry enough to growl back. "What the fuck do you want?"

"You and Colby to ease up, Christ." Tara scowled. "I want a favour from you."

"Not gonna happen," I snapped.

"Come on, it's not that big of a favour." I was silent for a few moments glaring at the ground beneath my feet. I considered hanging up, but Tara spoke too quickly. "So, Jake and I really want to go to this kind of high-end restaurant thing and I don't want to go out and find myself anything that I'll only wear once. I want something suited to me."

"Not that big of a favour, my ass," I grumbled. She ignored me.

"So I thought I'd ask the designer I know and am friends with to make me something. So?"

"You could have fucking waited, Tara. I'm busy, in case you forgot."

I knew she was smirking when she replied. "Trust me, I haven't forgotten. But I'll forget if I wait any longer to ask. I was supposed to earlier before fucking Colby turned out missing. Stupid bitch."

Just then, a breeze stung my face before an arm wrapped around my waist and a body pressed against my back. Colby dug his face into my neck; I would have complained but I couldn't find anything I didn't like.

"Hi, Colby," Tara said. "Anyway, so?"

"So, fuck off. I'm busy right now." I hung up on her, sliding my phone into my pocket without hesitating. Colby stayed where he was, nuzzling in as close to me as he could get. I felt the electricity radiating through my entire body everywhere he touched. My head leaned back. "Are you sure you've used up all of your self-control?" I whispered before I could stop myself.

Colby twisted me around by my hips and pressed me once more against his car. He kissed me only lightly on the lips, his hands moving down to my thighs on either side. He moved slowly up—so slowly I wanted to just dip down and help him. He got to my ass and pulled that away from the car so he could get a grab. I felt his lips get more intense.

"Colby," I whispered, barely audible. He pulled back just enough to let me speak as he stared into my eyes, which basically knocked me completely off of my feet. "Just fucking let go already. Get that king or whatever outrageously-sized bed and use it."

This time when he kissed me, it was full of a promise; a promise for tonight. He smacked my ass, zipping both of us to the passenger side where he opened my door for me. I eyed him but climbed inside without argument. He flew to the driver's side, not speaking.

We didn't speak at all, not even when we got back to the house.