66 - Rebecca

This vulnerable Colby was a Colby who was afraid of being rejected; afraid that the girl he needed didn't need him back; afraid of the future, and whether he could control it enough to get what he wanted. And, in all honesty, I was sure that everything on his face reflected into mine, because I felt more nervous now than I had in the worst, most dire moment of my whole life.

So many questions that, in a lot of ways, couldn't be answered. Would we be able to make it work — if we couldn't, would we destroy each other in the process? How had it gotten so intense so fast? What was this warm feeling in my chest? Why can't I send him away again? And why won't he be able to stay away?

I felt that I would make a mistake whatever I chose here. If I accepted him, I would be opening myself back up to the hurt of both being with him and eventually possibly having to leave him, or have him leave me; to the fights and quick-to-violence attitude we both had; to the agonising anticipation of learning the secret, which there was no guarantee I would learn.

However, if I sent Colby away now, I was denying myself the one thing that I really wanted; the guy I needed; throwing away all the benefits just for a couple of fights; giving up. I was giving up on him, on us. That somehow hurt more than the thought of losing anything else. Because if I gave up, that would be it for ever, not just for a couple of hard days.

I had always been one to put up a fight. I was always stubborn. And quite selfish, too.

That was why I wasn't going to reject Colby ever, and certainly not now, when his heart was basically laying in his hands for me to reach out and grab. And damn would I grab it and never let go, no matter how crazy I went or how much it hurt. Because he was worth it.

"I'd like that," I finally whispered.

Colby's eyes lit up in a way that I had never expected, but loved just as much as any of his other happy expressions. I had only seen a select few, and this was close to my favourite — right beside that big smile of his he'd almost used, but contained. Now, however, it came out in a sudden burst of his happiness. That huge smile that made my heart melt in my chest.

Next thing I knew, I was being kissed. It wasn't an innocent kiss, but it wasn't hungry either. It was just passion, and a whole lot of it.

I placed my hands on either side of Colby's neck as I kissed him back just as hard. I pulled at him, bringing him closer. It was wrong that we hadn't done this every day since we met. We should have. That lost time, we would never get back and I hated myself and attitude for it, even though I had him back right now.

It didn't take long before Colby was leaning forwards, forcing me back. The couch was small enough that my head hit the armrest and my shoulders fit into the space between that and the cushions. Colby was over the top of me now, hovering. One hand held him up by the armrest whilst the other sat on my waist. It was too easy for his body to slide between my legs.

This fire between us was so intense, I was already getting burned from it. But it wasn't so distracting that I forgot about what my words meant right now; what we had just established. I had to be sure, before I let anything happen.

Even though I never wanted to stop kissing him, I did, holding just a hand to his chest to keep him far enough away that I could have coherent thoughts. That was still difficult, what with his body between my legs. I gulped and took a breath so I would be able to speak.

"Labels," I said quietly. "Are we there?"

"We're there," Colby replied without hesitation and my heart skipped a beat.

"And so, what does that make me?"

Colby stared at me for a second and I thought he didn't actually mean what I thought labels meant, but then his eyes narrowed. "You're going to make me say it, aren't you?"

I smiled just wickedly enough for him to know I was enjoying this. "Maybe. I just want to be sure."

He sighed. "That makes you, Rebecca Woods, my girlfriend." He paused. "Good luck with that."

I grinned and pulled him back into our kiss, only this time, I grabbed one of the chains in his jeans and tugged his whole body close to mine. He let some of his weight rest on me as he revelled in the moment. I wanted to remember this forever, or for as long as I had with him.

The earlier desire rose up in me at the speed of lighting, filling every bone and muscle with heat and longing. I couldn't stop myself or him if this went any further. I didn't care that we were in my office, where somebody could come in. In fact, I was thinking about how the desk perfectly stood at the height of my hips, almost to my waist.

Colby was clearly feeling the same thing that I was, because he started to move away from my mouth. His lips pressed to my jaw, then my neck — I swore he covered the whole of that side of it, then to the top of my shirt. As he moved back up, he was headed for the space beneath my ear. I still didn't have enough warning before he lightly kissed me there.

I moaned.

It was out there now. I couldn't take it back and I didn't want to anyways. Because the way Colby got a little rougher with me drove me insane. His hands grabbed my hips and dragged me down until his hips met my own. I could feel that my skirt wasn't covering anything anymore, pushed up by his body. I didn't care.

He pushed his body against me now and it sent an entirely different sensation through me. Something close to pure and utter lust with no room for anything else. I just couldn't fathom there being a bigger knot in my stomach.

Colby growled softly against my skin, vibrating my neck in a way that sent chills down my spine. It was such an animalistic sound — inhuman — but it suited Colby. It sounded right coming out of him in this situation. And when he did it again, this time he was nipping at the skin of my jaw harshly. I was sure, when he moved to a specific spot on my neck, that he was trying to bruise me. I couldn't entirely hate it; he was marking me as his, warning other people off his property.

He nipped a little harder at the same spot before coming straight back up to my lips. He pried my mouth open instantly and slipped his tongue in. It was all rough and so, so exciting. This was what I liked — how surprising that the aggressive girl likes it rough.

But I also liked having a little control of my own, so I pushed at Colby's chest as I brought myself upright. He moved with me, falling backwards. I was on top of him now, my legs either side of his hips. His hands grabbed at my ass — my skirt was completely ridden up and useless now — as I took a little bit of control. Something told me that Colby liked that, though he'd never admit it.

My body rocked and my hands roamed over the part of his chest on show from his lack of button usage. It didn't take me long for my lips to drift away from his mouth, biting at his neck but not so hard that I'd draw blood. I kept going, unlike him.

I kissed his collar bone and worked my fingers quickly on his shirt. It took barely five seconds for all of his buttons to be open and the flaps thrown to the side.

I looked up at Colby as I kissed down his abdomen. He growled at me, one hand suddenly fisting in my hair. I was dragged back up to his lips. But I felt what he was really doing: pulling my shirt out from the top of my skirt.

He almost got there, but there was a knock at the door.