Four

The following week, I had built up enough courage to go back to work. All of George's items are gone and I have the apartment to myself, so my mind feels at ease.

I got to work and discovered some women crowded around what seemed to be a tall man. I decided to ignore them and walk past them. "Excuse me ladies." I heard a familiar voice speak and then I felt a hand around my wrist.

I quickly turn my head to see the same man who warned me about the animal. "U-Um..." I was at a loss for words. But a grin spread across his face as he stared at me.

"How do you do?" He raised my hand and pressed his lips to the back of my hand. I blushed as I heard murmurs from the other women. "P-Please let go of me. I need to get to work," I said as I yanked my hand back. I didn't have time to listen to him, so I walked away.

I entered my office to see Mr. Hugh going through my drawers. "M-Mr. Hugh!" I ran to him and I slipped in front of him, trying to keep him from searching any further. "Maybelle." His eyes widened at my sudden return as he took a step back.

"This is my privacy, you have no right to be going through my things," I informed him with a stern voice. He nodded slowly as backed away out of my office.

I sighed as I plopped down on my desk chair. There was a knock and I turned to see the same man walk in. He had beautiful silver hair, but where have I seen it? It's so familiar, but I can't seem to grasp any thoughts of it.

"How are you doing?" He asked as he bowed his head politely. I felt weak in the knees, but I was thankful I was sitting down. "I-I'm good," I answered with a soft smile. Honestly, there's something about this man that makes me feel strange about him.

He makes me feel weak and he makes my heart race. And the saddest thing is that, I've never felt this way towards George and I've know George for years. And I've only known this man for two days. I don't even know his name.

"I am Pierce. Our boss thought it was would be great to introduce myself to everyone since I barely started working here today," he explained and I nodded slowly.

"Well, I'm pretty sure you have a lot more people to introduce yourself too," I assumed as I stood up and began to push him out the door. The sooner he left, the more I would calm down and I wouldn't have to suffer from the strange feelings towards him.

"I've already introduced myself to everyone. I saved the best for last," he looked at me with a smirk. I gasped slightly as I pushed him completely out the door and I slammed it shut.

What a player. But that smirk was the sexiest thing I have ever seen. I can't let my guard down!

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Pierce and I were assigned to do a project together. We were sitting in the conference room, just us too as we discussed designs and ideas. Papers were scattered everywhere on the table.

Pierce began to cough, I was beginning to worry. "Are you okay?" I asked him as I looked over at him. "What time is it?" He asked and I checked my phone. "It's 3:07," I answered. His eyes widened as he coughed once more before bolting out of the room.

"Pierce!" I shouted as I tried to run after him, but he was completely gone. I sighed as I walked back in the room and groaned at the sight of all the papers.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

It was evening by the time I got out of work. I got out late since Pierce decided to leave me with all the work to do by myself. He's the worst partner in history.

I decided to stop by the beach, it felt like a personal tradition now. I stood on the sand with my heels in one hand and my purse neatly resting on my shoulder.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath of the fresh, salty air as I looked at the beautiful shiny water. "Hello, milady," a familiar voice spoke. I opened my eyes slowly to see the man with a scaled tail sitting in front of me.

I gasped as I looked at him. "You seem happier," he commented with a soft, soothing smile. "What do you mean?" I asked as I tilted my head at him.

"Every time I saw you, you were sad and crying. But now you seem better and happier," he explained and I looked away.

"I had a lot happen these past few days, okay?"

"You can talk to me about them. I'm always here ready to listen," he offered with a gentle voice. I looked back at him and gulped hard. "I-I..." I told him everything.

There was something about him that I couldn't resist, like I had to tell him. But it felt better to tell him. Tons of stress was lifted off my chest.

The only thing I was worrying about was whether to trust him or not. I was in his arms and I don't know I got in them, but I didn't mind.

I only had sobbed a little, but that was it. He really calmed my nerves. "What's your name...?" I asked quietly as I looked up at him.

"I have to go, I'll see you another time, milady." He let go of me and jumped into the ocean. I blinked twice and looked at the water. "Where did he go?" I asked myself.

————————————

Sorry. This chapter is a little short. Forgive me.

If you enjoyed it, comment.

If you liked it, vote.

If you want more, follow me!(:

Love ya! XOXO