Seven

I was locked up in rusted chains in a cold, dark and wet cellar. My damp hair from my sweat stuck to my face and it hung over my eyes.

The large metal door squeaked open and Mr. Hugh stepped in with two bodyguards behind him. His heels clicked all the way towards me.

"It's such a shame to have a pretty woman like yourself to go to waste," he said with a chuckle as he held out his hand towards his bodyguard. The bodyguard gently placed a knife on Mr. Hugh's hand.

"But this is what happens when you find out secrets that are meant to be kept. Associating with Pierce should be your biggest regret, right?" He asked me, trying to get me to answer as he slid the tip of the cold blade across my neck.

I stayed silent. Why even bother to respond? I'm just going to die anyways.

"I warned you multiple times, but you insisted on going back to him," he continued, smiling an evil smile. Suddenly he stabbed my thigh and I screamed out in pain.

"How dare you not listen to me?!" His voice boomed, and it made my body freeze up. The echo of his voice traveled through the large room

"Knowing what he is, is very dangerous," he told me, sliding the blade of the knife up my other thigh and then he pierces through my flesh again. I screamed out in pain again.

A waterfall of tears spilled out of my eyes. I sobbed quietly as I looked away from Mr. Hugh and his intimidating way of staring. He made me feel small. Like I had no power.

"I'll ask once again. Associating with Pierce is your biggest regret, right?" He asked me and I took a deep shaky breath.

"No," I answered him. I was proud of myself for not coming off as weak. It was a strong answer. But not as strong as his fist was.

He punched me hard and then slapped his hand hard against my chest, knocking the wind out of me. I kept gasping for air, I felt like I was being choked.

"I-I'll...ne..ver...r-regret...mee...ting...him," I answered him, still gasping for air.

"When she's done doing all that breathing nonsense, knock her out and then..." he leaned in and whispered the rest to the bodyguards. I tried to listen, but I couldn't make out anything of what he was saying. Even reading his lips didn't help.

"Well goodbye. I'll be at work," he said with an evil smirk before shutting the door behind him.

I felt so much blood drip down my legs. I had a bullet lodged in my thigh and then I got stabbed twice, once in each leg. I felt so filthy, I was sweating all over, my hands shook violently and the tears wouldn't stop flowing from my eyes.

The bodyguards walked up to me. Their facial expressions were neutral, they didn't show any emotion at all.

All I saw was one of them raise their first and then everything went black after that.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I slowly opened my eyes, I squinted when I saw light. Then, my brain remembered I was in pain and I groaned out loud.

Pierce suddenly looked down at me and I gasped in shock and my eyes went wide. "P-Pierce!" I exclaimed as I tried to sit up, but I winced and he helped push me down.

"You're injured. I got the bullet out of you, but I want to take you down to the beach. When it gets darker I will," he told me and I stayed quiet.

"Don't listen to my father, okay? I know, I know that this is all my fault. I shouldn't have gotten involved with humans. My father is right, I belong in the water, but there's someone I must protect," he said as he grabbed my hand gently.

Tears rolled down my temples as I looked at him. He sighed as he held my hand tighter. He lightly pressed his lips against the back of my hand. I quickly pulled away.

"Protect yourself. I'm fine. Just leave," I told him as I turned my head away from him.

"Seeing you in this state...it's alright if you blame me. But please don't push me away. At least let me heal you tonight," he said, his voice got shaky and I turned back to look at him.

He had a couple of tears rolling down his cheeks. My heart shattered into a million pieces, I saw how guilty he felt and I saw how much he was pained.

"Okay," I whispered as I pulled him closer and I wrapped my arms tightly around him.

"Don't blame yourself, okay?" I told him as I pulled my arms back and he looked up at me.

"How can I not? You're still bleeding, you'll lose all your blood!" He exclaimed as he picked me up in his arms. I yelped in pain, but he held me tightly and closely.

He ran out of the house we were in. He kept running until we were in a secluded place by the water. He ran really fast, it felt like it took a second to get there.

He placed me in the water. "Relax, you're too tense to float," he told me and I took a deep breath. "Close your eyes," he told me quietly and I did as he said.

I felt my muscles relaxing and then I felt water trickle over me. I felt his hands on me, they were touching very gently. I felt as if a whole new energy surged through my body.

I felt as if I was floating in the sky rather in the water, but this new energy, like this spirit, it was comforting. It was warm and it just cradled me, it wrapped around me and I felt pure.

Suddenly, things go black.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I awoke in the same place as I was before I was in the water. "I'm sorry, I forgot that humans can't endure the power as well as we can," he said with a chuckle and I slowly sit up.

"I feel like a brand new person," I told him with a laugh as I stood up. He smiled at me.

"I'm just glad you're okay," he said to me.

-------------

I haven't updated in like, what, FOREVER?

I just had some serious writer's block with this story.

This book will be on the short side, I'm sorry about that.

Thanks to you all for supporting me. I'm so happy!(:

Please VOTE, COMMENT and FOLLOW me for more stories!