Six

"I'm sorry," I apologized to Pierce. He raised an eyebrow as he looked at me. "For yesterday, with the whole flower thing and stuff...I feel such an idiot. It was my stupid ex-boyfriend who sent those," I explained as I plopped down on one of the chairs in his office.

"Why are you here?" He suddenly asked and I felt offended. "What? You don't want me here?" I suddenly stood up. Why am I reacting like this? "No, it's not that it's just...never mind," he said and I groaned. "Okay, fine," I remarked as I turned around to leave, but he grabbed my hand and pulled me back.

My back slammed against his chest and I let out a gasp as his arms wrapped around my waist. "It's okay."

I quickly broke free from his arms and turned around to scold him, but I choked up and I felt my cheeks burn. "Are you alright?" I asked him and he cocked his head to the side. "About yesterday? About the park thing?" I asked him and he chuckled.

"I was healed, no need to worry about me too much," he replied with a wink and I felt my chest tighten and I looked away. My cheeks were getting hotter, burning intensely and I probably looked like a ripe strawberry.

"You should go," he pushed me towards the door and I nodded. "Yeah," I managed to say as I quickly rushed out of his office. Mr. Hugh was standing there, looking at me. I gulped as I felt cold sweat form down my back. "U-Um, good morning, sir," I forced a smile on my face when I spoke to him.

He grunted in annoyance as he pushed past me and he entered Pierce's office, slamming the door shut behind him. I stood there like a deer caught in the headlights of a truck. I took a deep breath to calm my nerves before returning back to my office. I sat down at my desk and logged onto my computer.

I heard another slam of the door and I cringed as I turned my head to see Mr. Hugh storming into my office. "You're the worst," he said with disgust and just walked away without hearing what I have to say. I stood up and ran to Pierce's office. "What happened?" I asked him as the door swung open.

"Nothing," Pierce waved it off as he began to type on his computer. "It doesn't seem like nothing," I mumbled as I trudged out of his office. Too be honest, I should be scared of Pierce, but I feel protected around him. But there's just something that draws me towards him.

I sighed as I looked back at his office, taking one good glance at his face before his door closed slowly, blocking my view from his glistening face.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I had driven to the beach and now I'm standing here, my toes in the sand and a nice view of the beautiful, blue ocean. The water kept splashing my feet and I giggled, feeling the cold between my toes where the sand turned wet and dark.

I felt a hand on the back of my neck and I paused, all the hair on my body stood up as I could smell the scent of a man right behind me. "Shhh..." He shushed me as everything began turning black, even though I was trying to fight it, telling my brain to hold on, but it was too late.

I woke up to a chilly draft and I looked around the darkened room. "Good morning, sunshine," a sarcastic tone came from the other side of the room, where it was darker. There was small light around me as I looked up to see a small stained glass window on the ceiling. Why is that doing there?

I heard slow footsteps tapping against what seemed like, a stone floor. I realized I was holding my breath as I bit my lip, waiting for the person to reveal himself. I heard the sound of a gun rattle as I saw black shoes before I saw the rest of the person.

I gasped as I looked up at him. "I told you to stay away from him," he warned and my eyes widened as he pointed the gun at me. "M-Mr. Hugh!" I shouted, which will probably be the only I'll manage to say. I swallowed as cold sweat ran down my back and I felt it breaking out on my forehead.

I wanted to run, but my arms and legs are inaccessible. They were tied to the cold metal chair I was sitting on. "I wonder if how mad he'll get if I do this," he said with a smirk as he pointed the barrel of the gun to my thigh. He shot and I screamed out in pain as my thigh began to bleed.

I kept screaming and yelling in pain as I felt the bullet buried deep inside my thigh. I looked down at my wound, my pants around it were already getting soaked and stained with blood. Tears were already spilling from my eyes as I looked at him with anger.

He chuckled slightly, "He'll be here soon. And all will be revealed," he informed with a smirk.

"You're a sick—"

I was cut off my a sudden boom and Mr. Hugh's eyes lit up as Pierce came into the light, throwing a punch at Mr. Hugh, only for it to be blocked. "You should respect your father," Mr. Hugh told Pierce with a grin and my eyes widened as I made the connection.

Pierce glared at him. "You hurt her!" Pierce shouted furiously as he grabbed Mr. Hugh by the collar of his button up shirt. Mr. Hugh chuckled slightly, "Not that much," he joked. I could tell he wasn't scared or anything, which is what worries me.

"You belong in the water not on land. You shouldn't be on dry land just because some fortune teller told you that you're true love is a human. What a stupid, gullible fool," Mr. Hugh spat out in hatred and I could see Pierce's jaw move a bit as he shot every nasty look he could at him.

"I hate you," Pierce stated, finally saying something. "I know," Mr. Hugh replied with a smile. "Take her away!" Mr. Hugh shouted and I felt the pace of my heart quicken as I was suddenly surrounded by men who picked me up. "Are we going along with the plan?" One of them asked and Mr. Hugh nodded.

I glanced at Pierce who looked at me with sorry in his eyes. Don't apologize to me. I'm the one who put myself in this situation.

—————————————

I hope you liked it! This story might be a little short, depending on how I want the characters to develop and how much back story I should put in here.

I'm also thinking of maybe put in some chapter with Pierce's P.O.V.

VOTE if you liked it.

COMMENT if you enjoyed it.

FOLLOW if you want more.

~Bethany