Twenty

I sat on the couch waiting. I waited for Pierce to get back and for Evan to wake up. I was lonely, and I just needed someone to talk with. I heard a groan and a mumble and I turned my head towards Evan.

He slowly woke up and then just stared at me. He slowly smiled as he sat up. "Pierce will be back," I informed him as I looked down at the floor.

"Wow....it's been 8 years since I've seen him," he replied with a sigh. I glanced over at him. He had his knees to his chest and his arms around them as he looked up at the dusty ceiling. "Eight?" I asked and he just nodded.

"I loved that crazy bastard. He was like a brother to me..."

"I understand how you feel," I assured him as I gently placed my hand over his. "She was like a sister to me, and then she went and back stabbed me," I added with a sad sigh.

Evan put his feet on the ground and scooted closer to me. He put an arm around me. "Betrayal is one of the worst experiences in your life.....especially human life. Because you set so many expectations with the ones you've grown close with," he explained and I just nodded.

"I did set many expectations...as she did with me," I admitted and he pulled me closer. I didn't realize tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Well, humans are sinful beings."

"As well as mermen," I said, defending the human race.

He just looked at me and then suddenly laughed. "You look so cute when you're offended," he said as he tapped my nose with his finger.

"I'm back!" Pierce yelled and then slammed the items in the plastic bags, from the grocery store, onto the floor.

Evan and I slightly jumped up and he quickly took his arm off of me. "I need to talk to you," he said to me as he grabbed me by the wrist and dragged me into the other room.

He slammed the door behind us and locked it. "What do you need to-"

He cut me off with a rough kiss. My eyes widened in surprise as he pushed me onto the bed and crawled over me. He placed a hand under my neck and a hand on my waist as he continued to kiss me.

I slapped his chest a couple times and then he pulled back and we both were left breathless. I took a moment to collect some air. "Are you okay?" I asked him and he nodded. "I just missed you," he answered.

"You were only gone for like 45 minutes," I said with a chuckle as I sat up.

"I know," he said as he put his arms around me and began to plant kisses down my neck. I giggled as I pushed him away.

"You bought what we needed, right?" I asked him as I stood up. He nodded as he stood up as well and hugged me tightly from behind. I opened the door and we looked silly, like penguins waddling, as we made our way to the grocery bags.

"Well since it's morning, let's have a nice breakfast," I said as I broke free from Pierce. He helped me carry the grocery bags to the small kitchen in front of the living room. It was really small, there wasn't enough space for more than two people.

The refrigerator was a bit tiny. But it had all the appliances we needed. Except, the microwave was smashed. Pierce and I set down the bags on the small counter next to the stove. He quickly cleaned up. "Babe, can you get a trash bag from one of the bags?" He asked me and I froze.

Did he just call me babe? What is his deal this morning...

My face heated up as I found the box of black trash bags. I opened it and I took a bag out and handed it to him. Evan came over and stood next to me.

"Thanks," Pierce said as he gave me a kiss.

"Anything I can help you with?" Evan asked me.

I opened the cabinet above us. There were metal pans on the top shelf. I reached for it, but the length of my arm wasn't enough. Evan chuckled as he pressed his chest against my back and got the pans down for me.

"I only needed one," I said.

"I know, but you can put them somewhere else where you can reach them," he teased.

All of a sudden Pierce made a bunch of noise with the trash bag and then tied it close.

I sighed, Pierce has been acting so weird. I don't think I can stand it for any longer.

--------------------------------

Pierce is toootally jealous lol. xD

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed reading.

Please Vote, Comment and Follow for more :)