Thirty-Three

Hundreds of men have already fallen. I watched them slaughter each other, so viciously.

I grabbed one of the soldier's swords and I ran towards a man who had a bow and arrow aimed at Pierce. Why wasn't there anyone else who could kill him?

He was about to release the arrow when he turned to look at me. I stabbed him hard in the chest, not regretting anything.

At least I had something to fight for. I can't imagine how many of these men fought without any reason, fighting just to fight, liking the scenerey of war and the blood shed on the field.

High on a cliff I saw a row of archers aiming their bows at Pierce, he was too busy cutting down at least ten men around him.

Run to him. Don't think about anything, we'll supply you the power. Just go!

They both were telling me to go inside my head. I didn't hesitate. I ran as fast as I could towards Pierce. As the archers release their arrows, I leapt and grabbed Pierce's shoulder.

I almost closed my eyes, but I saw the arrows freezing in midair and then pierce through all the men's hearts around us. My eyes were widened and I saw the look of irritation on Pierce's face.

"You need to leave, I don't want you to get any blood on your hands!" Pierce shouted as he cut down a man who was running towards him. Pierce had transformed into his full merman potential, and he was even scarier.

Suddenly, my neck was grabbed from the back, and nails scratched my skin. "No!" Pierce lunged forward, but a giant wall of sand sprung up from the ground and hardened into thick glass.

"It was quite a show you put out there. Now it's my turn to put on a show, with your precious honey watching," Witch Violet said harshly as she slammed me against the wall.

Fight. We'll assist you. Fight.

They encouraged me. I was already going to fight. Whether I was going to lose or not. But the fact that they would help me, made the fight more worth it.

"After I'm done with you. I'll make sure Pierce suffers."

The word suffers echoed through my head and I suddenly felt a surge of anger course the my body. I won't let anyone touch Pierce, or me ever again.

I felt a rush of power, and my nails turned into long, sharp claws and I could feel my teeth sharpen.

"That necklace belongs to me," she said as she held up her hand and streaks of lightning began to shoot out at me. I dodged them, swiftly, and I held up my hand.

The sound of Pierce scratching at the glass made me want to fight even more. I didn't want him thinking I was weak anymore, that I'm able to fight for the both of us as well.

"Too bad, it's mine," I responded as long streams of water shot at her and she blocked them with her arms.

"Fine. I'll just take it from you."

---------------------------

I don't think I'll be writing a fighting scene, because that's not really my type of writing.

I'm really horrible at it.

Next chapter will be the last chapter. I apologize if this was a short chapter, but I promise I'll make the next one longer.

Thank you guys for coming this far with me.

I really appreciate it.

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Follow.

~Bethany<3