Twenty-Six

"Pierce... I have something important to say."

My hands were clasped together, and a painful lump has formed in my throat.

I rubbed my thumbs together over and over again. Pierce could sense something's wrong right away. He sat down next to me on the edge of the bed and he wrapped his arms around me.

"What's the matter? What do you want to tell me?" He asked, concerned as he rubbed my shoulders gently.

"You know how I dated George?" I asked him and he nodded slowly. "Yes, I remember that bastard," he answered and I sighed.

"Well...in the time that we were dating, we wanted to have kids. And so we tried... a lot. When, I went to the doctor...." I paused, taking in a shaky breath.

Tears clouded my vision. "He said..I couldn't have any children," I finished as I began to cry. I covered my face with my hands as Pierce pulled me closer to him and comforted me.

"It's okay..." he whispered as he gently rocked me.

"It's not okay. You don't know how much I want to have children!" I raised my voice as I stood up. He just looked at me, silently.

"And yeah, I was glad afterwards that I couldn't have children because of what that jerk did to me, but now that I'm with you... Now that I know our love is real... I want to have children, your children," I explained, frustrated and disappointed.

"Maybelle, we don't have to have children. Besides, there are plenty to adopt," he told me and I shook my head.

"As much as I would like to adopt, I want to have my own children. I want to give birth. So that is why I want you do something," I said and that caught his attention.

"What?"

"Grant my wish."

His eyes widened. "Maybelle, have you given any thought to this? Are you certain about this?"

"I have given plenty of thought to this and yes, I am certain. But what about you? Huh? Do you not want any children?" I responded and he sighed as he took my hands into his.

"It's not that...but you don't have to waste your one wish on this. I am sure there's another way," he told me and I yanked my hands away from him.

"Why do you have to be so difficult? Can't you see how important this is to me?"

"Maybelle...calm down..."

I ignored him as I rushed out of the room and out of the safehouse. I walked across the sand in a hurry. I had no idea why Pierce didn't grant me my wish.

Now I'm angry at him, my one chance at being able to bear children is out the door because Pierce refused to grant my wish.

------------------------------

This is a short chapter, not a great one, but it's an update for you guys!

The end is coming soon!! :D
I'm kind of excited.

Thank you all for reading. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Please vote, comment and follow for more.

And if there were any mistakes, I apologize :)