Nine

"We have to get going. His men are already on to us," Pierce said as he opened the passenger car door for me. "Already?" I asked as I got in.

He shut the door and jogged to the other side and got in. "Well, they really want us dead," he answered as he started the car.

"By the way, where'd you get this car?"

"I'm uh, borrowing it from a friend," he said and as he pulled out of the parking lot, a man was running after us.

"Some friend..." I mumbled and he just chuckled as he stepped on the gas pedal.

After a while, he slowly began to grow in pain. He clutched his side with one hand as he used the other to drive. "Are you okay?" I asked Pierce and he just nodded.

"Pull over," I said, but he shook his head, followed by another groan. "Now!" I shouted this time and he slowly pulled over.

"Oh my God, you're perspiring." I slightly touched his forehead and then wiped his sweat off on my pants. "I'll drive," I said and he just nodded as I got out of the car.

I jogged over to his side and helped him get out. I did my best to hold him up as we walked over to the passenger side. He slowly, but surely, got inside the car.

I took a moment to catch my breath. He was a heavy man. I got into the driver's side. Before I drove, I looked over at him. His body was turned and he had his head leaned against the window.

I got back onto the road. "You should've gone into the water one last time before leaving," I told him.

"There wasn't any time left," he said slowly before taking a shaky breath.

"Where do you want to go then?" I asked him. "Just...keep...driving until there's no....more...gas," he answered. I looked over at him and he was asleep already.

I smiled slightly at him before looking back at the road. I sighed as I put on some music. "I love this song," I said as I raised the volume a little bit.

"'Rising up, back on the street. Did my time, took my chances,'" I sung out loud as I tapped my fingers to the beat against the steering wheel.

Something touched my thigh and I looked down to see Pierce's hand. I was probably singing too loud. I turned down the volume. His hand was still there.

I slowly grabbed it and intertwined our fingers together. For a second, his grip tightened before softening. He was asleep again.

----------

Hello everyone!

Thanks for reading.

I hope you enjoyed.

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE
FOLLOW

Love you all!<3