Nineteen

When I woke up, the place was silent. Way too silent. I sat up and looked over at the couch, Evan was still sleeping. I sighed as I slowly stood to my feet.

I walked over to the door to the second room and I slowly opened it. Pierce was curled up on the small bed and I smiled at him as I moved closer.

Soon, my smile disappeared when I noticed how much Pierce was sweating and how much color he lost in his face. "Pierce!" I yelled out as I shook him awake.

He slowly opened his eyes and looked up at me. "O-Oh my God!!!" I heard a yell and it sounded like Evan. I rushed out of the room to find a tall slender woman standing there and Evan on the floor shaking in fear.

She wore a long, silky purple dress and her hair was pinned up. She had dark purple eyes and she wore dark purple lipstick. Her black heels clicked as she moved towards me.

"Hm, so you're the human he told me about," she said as she gently touched my hair. I looked away from her, hearing my heart beat in my ears.

"Come, I have some business to discuss with you," she told me as she grabbed my hand and led me out of the safe haven.

We stood on the sand right beside the water, letting the small waves crash against our feet. "Let's get to the point. I'm the Witch of the Sea and everybody fears me. But your little prince in there stroke a deal with me," she explained as she turned to face the ocean.

"He wanted to come on land and experience human life. He wanted to know what it felt like to live everyday, to fall in love and whatnot. But it came with a price," she continued talking and I tilted my head in confusion.

"He's losing his life rapidly. Soon, he'll be too weak to carry on," she informed me and my eyes widened. There was a smirk on her face as she looked up at the sky and then to me.

"But of course, you can help save his life by giving yours to my master," she said as she placed a black seashell into my hand. "I'll give you some time to decide, whenever you want, just contact me through this," she said before disappearing.

I stared down at the black seashell in the palm of my hand. Pierce is losing his life quickly? No wonder he's been getting weak. Tears began to roll down my cheeks as I stared out at the ocean.

I don't want to lose him, no not yet. There's so much I want to do with him, show him so many places.

I fell to my knees and I sobbed as I held the black seashell tightly in my hands.

"Maybelle?"

I quickly stood up and put the seashell in my pocket. I wiped my tears and saw Pierce standing there just watching me. He moved towards me, slowly, and when he got to me, he put his arms around me. He held me tightly.

"What's wrong?" He asked me and I shook my head.

"Nothing. I'm just worried about you," I answered and he pulled away.

"I'll be fine. As long as you're okay," he told me as he wiped the remainder of my tears on my cheeks.

"Pierce," I whispered his name.

"Hm?"

"I love you," I said and he smiled. "I love you too," he said back and I began to cry again as he pulled me into a tighter hug.

---------------------

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Don't forget to
Vote
Comment
Share
Follow