Faction Before Love Chapter 20

AN
WOO HOO CHAPTER 20!!!! I want to thank you guys so much for reading and voting. Sorry I haven't updated in so long. But here we go. Trinity and Leon are back in the same room. (For real this time!)

Leon stroked Trinity's cheek, "Aww. You look so cute."
Trinity had imagined this situation before. She had even dreamt about it. Walking in and seeing Leon. Him running to her and embracing her lovingly.
But this...this was crazier than anything she had ever imagined. She looked back over at James who was narrowing his eyes at Leon. She gently pushed him off her just a bit, "Leon, what are you doing here?"
"I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you two know each other." The Dauntless girl smiled.
The Factionless man rolled his eyes, "We're here to seek your help. You protect Divergents, right?"
Trinity nodded and Leon hugged her tightly. "Yes. How can I..." She pushed Leon off again, "help you?"
"First, let me introduce myself and my companions." The Factionless man said. "You already know Leon."
Leon smiled proudly, "She sure does."
"My name is Rodger and she is Maria." He pointed to the girl on the couch. "We need your help getting out of the fence."
Trinity's mouth fell open. Gran gasped and James walked forward quickly. He turned Rodger around and gritted his teeth, "You want you to risk her life to save you? A complete stranger!"
"James." Trinity complained. "I can handle this."
Rodger looked to her, "Please. They'll kill us. There are tests in Dauntless that shows us our fears."
Trinity shivered but no one noticed.
"Both Leon and Maria only had six. And they got through them quite quickly. The world will know they are Divergents before the day is over."
Only six, Trinity thought. I almost died with just four.
"That's a suicide mission." James said harshly.
Gran looked at Trinity, "What are you going top do, dear?"
James scoffed, "I'm not going to stand by while you get yourself killed!" He stormed out of the house.
Trinity wanted to go to him but she had to help these people. She had to.
Rodger took Leon and sat m on the couch. Then he took Trinity's hands, "I'm not going to force you. But if there was some way..."
James busted back through the door, "There are guards coming this way!"
Everyone froze.
"Hide them!" Gran ordered.
Trinity grabbed Leon and pulled him to his feet. She had to keep him quiet. First, she went to her bedroom, opened her closet and threw him in. Then she ran to the bathroom where she got a syringe and filled it with a liquid that could only be found in Amity. Something that would knock Leon right out.
"Want me to do it?" James asked.
Trinity gave him a look, "Just get them to the cellar. I'll bring Leon in just a second."
James motioned for Rodger and Maria to follow him. They quickly ran out of the back door.
Maria ran back to her room, "Leon?"
"It's not very Amity to bring a boy to your room." Leon joked.
Trinity blushed, "Leon!" She pulled him with her towards the back door. "I need to give you a tiny shot." Se explained.
Leon smiled, "You know what?"
Trinity got his arm ready, "What?"
Leon lifted her chin and kissed her.
Trinity stiffened. Her mind went fuzzy and she couldn't concentrate on what she was supposed to do. It was too good to be true. Leon was kissing her again. She hadn't thought she would ever get the chance to..."Leon." She pushed him off.
"I love you." He whispered.
Trinity put the needle in his arm and poured the syrum into his system. He slumped against her and she dragged him to the door where James was waiting.
Did he see us? Trinity wondered. She handed Leon to him, "Take him to the others."
James took hold of Leon huffed, "So this is the one your choosing instead of me?"
Trinity gave him a look, "Now is hardly the time, James."
"I just want to make sure he's worthy of you, Trinity." James said before turning away. He was quite strong so he was quick even though he was carrying Leon.
Trinity shut the door and went back to the living room where Gran was waiting. "Are you sure you can do this, hon?" She asked. "I don't want you to go through what I did."
Trinity bent down beside her, "What did you go through?"
"My life was threatened when I helped Divergents." Gran said as she tucked a stray strand of hair behind Trinity's ear.
"You..."
Gran held up a hand to cut her off, "There's not time right now. Trinity, is this what you want?"
"Yes." Trinity says without hesitation. "It makes me feel alive when I get the people to safety."
Gran nodded, "I know the feeling."
There was a hard knock on the door.
Trinity grabbed a book and plopped down on the couch.
"Come in." Gran called.
The door opened and three Dauntless men who guarded the fence, "We are here for the arrest of a young woman named Trinity." The one in front said.
Trinity set down her book in surprise.
"There must be some mistake." Gran said.
The soldier shook his head, "Afraid not, ma'am. That girl is charged with the transportation and protecting of Divergents on two different accounts."
Trinity stood, "What evidence do you have?"
One of the soldiers held up his gun, "Don't get cocky. Just come with us."
"Give me the evidence." Trinity's voice rose.
"Calm down." The soldier warned.
The other two glanced at each other.
Trinity had had about enough. She hadn't come this far to be taken down now, "Get out of my house!"
"Trinity." Gran started.
The soldier aimed his gun, "Miss..."
That was it. Trinity flung herself at the guard. His gun went off right as she pushed the barrel of the gun to the side. The gunshot snapped her back into reality. "Get out." She said with a shaking voice.
The three men hurried out quickly.
"Trinity..." Gran began as she wrapped her shawl tighter around her.
"We have to go." Trinity turned to her. She ran and got Gran's wheelchair.
"I'll get myself in that, you go get some things together." Gran waved off her help.
Trinity nodded and took off down the hall. When she returned, Gran had shifted into the wheelchair.
James busted through the back door, "What was that?!" He demanded. "I heard a gun shot!"
"Dauntless morons." Trinity gritted her teeth. "We have to hurry."
They ran out of the back door, pushing gran in front of them.
"I have a truck around the corner." James said.
"You'll let me use your truck?" Trinity looked at him.
"You have to get away somehow." He panted as they run. "And if you are going to have a future with that guy, you have to be free."
They reached the truck and the dauntless girl helped get Gran's chair in the back of the truck and positioned the older woman beside the sleeping Leon.
Trinity ran to the driver's side and opened the door. She she took her seat, she looked back at James, "Will you be okay?"
"I'm Amity, Trinity. I've lived here all my life." He shrugged. "You have to go."
She took his hand, "Thank you, James."
He placed her hand on the steering wheel, "Go."
Trinity started the car as James shut the door. She couldn't bring herself to say anything else to him. So she started driving. In the rear view mirror she saw James standing in the middle of the road getting smaller and smaller. Along with the rest of the Amity community.
And now starts the behind of the end. She thought as she gripped the steering wheel tighter and drove faster.