Faction Before Love Chapter 4 .

Trinity

"I am so nervous." Trinity said trying to still her shaking hands.

Lynna Beth chuckled, "Girl, you look amazing! Do you have your mask?"

Trinity held up the golden mask with red jewels embedded in its surface. "And you're sure this will be secret?"

"You won't get in trouble. Oh look!" Lynna Beth squealed. She ran up to a group of three girls who were wearing black and white dresses like her.

Trinity smoothed out the wrinkles on her dress. The red fabric hadn't seen the light since Trinity's mother had worn it to an Amity ball.

"Wow! You actually got her to come?" Asked one of the girls.

Lynna Beth nodded proudly, "I told you it could make it happen. Trinity, this is Marge, Lidia and Baylee."

Trinity nodded to all of them, "I'm pleased to meet you all."

"She is so sweet!" Baylee squealed. "And you look so lovely, Trinity."

"I think she might look better with her hair up in a bun." Said Lidia.

Trinity tucked her hair behind her ears.

"No." Marge shook her head, "It's better the way she has it now. See how it frames her face. You really have no sense of style, Lidia."

Trinity couldn't help chuckling a little. Candor said whatever came to mind.

"So does this mean I'm the only one who was able to get a person from a different faction to the party?" Lynna Beth asked excitedly.

"We're you having a contest?" Trinity asked.

"About twelve of us." Lynna Beth answered.

"Nope." Lidia smiled.

"Kyle got a Dauntless!" Baylee said blushing. "And he is sooo cute!"

Lynna Beth took Trinity's hand, "We'll be the judge of that. Come on, Trinity. You're about to see how awesome Candor parties can be."

Trinity looked back at the other girls, "It was nice to meet you."

She turned and took a deep breath as Lynna Beth opened the door and lead her in. There was music playing. Lovely music. She followed her friend to a staircase that led down. Again she took a deep breath and put on her mask and straightened her dress.

"You look beautiful." Lynna Beth encouraged.

"Hey, I'm supposed to be the nice one." Trinity joked.

"And I'm the one who tells the truth." Lynna Beth hugged her.

"I love you." Trinity laughed.

"Oh, I know." Lynna Beth laughed too.

They linked rms and walked slowly down the stairs together.

***

Leon

"Looking good, my friend." Kyle said as Leon entered the building. He wore all black, of course, but he also wore a black hat and gold mask.

"Why thank you my honest friend." Leon said with a dramatic bow.

"Now compliment me." Kyle posed.

Leon laughed, "Very cool. Quite the ladies man tonight."

"I am a ladies man every night." Kyle said as he brushed off imaginary dust from his shoulders.

Leon have him a punch in the shoulder and they entered the dance.

Immediately, they were surrounded by people. Girls mostly.

After hearing bits and pieces of things said, Leon pulled Kyle to the punch bowl, "So you guys had a bet on who could get someone from a different faction to this dance."

"And I chose you because you would be cool at a place like this." Kyle said. His gaze shifted from Leon to something behind him and his mouth fell open.

Confused, Leon turned and looked at the staircase he had come down earlier.

She was completely breathtaking. A vision of loveliness looking around at the gawking faces.

"Whoa." Kyle whispered behind him.

"Who...um...who is that?"

"I'm guessing the girl Lynna Beth said she was going to invite." Kyle said.

"Lynna Beth? She's a friend of yours?" Leon asked.

"Of sorts." Kyle said with a smile.

Leon turned to him quickly, "Then you two should introduce your friends to each other. Quickly."

Kyle nodded, "Yeah. Of course. Wow! They look great!"

Leon turned back and watched the Amity girl walk down the stairs adjust her golden mask.

Please take off the mask, Leon wished. He was dying to see her full face.

"Lynna Beth!" Kyle called.

The Candor girl beside the one in the red dress waved to them and took the Amity girl's hand and started walking towards them.

"How do I look?" Leon asked Kyle slightly panicked.

Kyle laughed and patted his shoulder, "Knock 'em dead, Soldier."

Leon took a deep breath and turned around. Right as he did, he slammed into another person. She yelped and grabbed his arm for balance but that just brought them both to the ground.

He shook his head and noticed the red fabric of the girl's dress.

Leon groaned, What a pansy cake thing to do!