Faction Before Love Chapter 13

I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. My friend CristeofAsgard15 gave me an idea for part of this story so I'm dedicating this chapter to her. Love you, girl!

Trinity picked up her list and scanned the items. She had to complete a least seventy-five of the one hundred and thirty nice things for fellow faction members and other people to make sure she got a good position in Amity.

"Wow." said a boy who had transferred from Abnegation. "This place is beautiful."

"It is isn't it?" an Amity born sighed.

James came and stood by her, "Hey."

Trinity gave him a small smile, "Hi."

"Don't worry. You'll complete the list before everybody gets halfway done with the goal." James nudged her playfully."

"Are you really exempt from the training?" Trinity asked him.

James shuffled uncomforably, "Just a little. I don't have to coplete as many things on the list. But that's only because I need to get to work. It's not because I'm speacial or anything."

"Trinty patted him on the shoulder, "You are speacial."

She hadn't meant to flirt but James took it that way. He gripped her small hand in his and kissed it before walking away. She could have died. Trinity wanted to go and wash her hands. She felt like she had just betrayed Leon. Even though they weren't together anymore, if you could have ever called them together, she felt like she was doing a horrible thing to him by even standing next to James.

"Hello, everybody. Can I have your attention please?" A voice called out.

Trinity looked over and saw the initiate instructors standing in the doorway.

A girl with blond hair and piercing blue eyes stepped forward, "Hi. I'm Angela. I'll be the instructor for all Amity born. This is Kate, she'll take all of the transfers now."

Angela waited until the transfers had left and then she retrieved a box from the hallway. "First things fit. Grab three outfits. THose and the outfit you are wearing now will be your only choices until you become Amity citizens."

A knock on the door frame made everybody turn. There stood two men with a woman in between them.

Trinity's heart jumped to her throat. The woman was her test administer April.

"Sorry to interrupt." One of the men said. "We need to talk to a Trinity."

James and Carmon gave her a quizical look which Trinity tried to ignor. She nodded to Angela for permission and then followed the two men and Aprl down the hallway.

"Miss, we need to ask you a very important question." said one of the men.

"Yes?" Trinity tried to smile normally.

"Is this the woman who administered your aptitude test?"

Trinity looked at April in her grey clothes. She saw the fear in the woman's eyes but April also conveyed a message in her look.

Trinity hoped she wasn't wrong, "Um...no."

"Can you tell us who did?"

"An Abnegation woman. But I know it wasn't her."

"Would you know her if we brought her to you?" one of them asked.

"I don't know. No offence, ma'am but almost all Abnegation look similar to me. And I was so nervious before my test. I was almost sick."

The two men looked at one another then at April.

"I told you." she said. "I was just joking. My friends don't believe in Divergents at all. I don't believe there are any now days but I wanted to trick them. I told them there was a Divergent Amity girl. That's all. Though how you found out, I have no idea."

Trinity laughed nerviously, "Divergents? In this day and age?"

"That's what I said." April shook her head with a chuckle.

The gaurds looked back at Trinity, "You're sure that you're telling the truth?"

Trinity gasped, pretending to be offended. "Perhaps if I were Dauntless I would lie. But I am trying to earn a place in my faction and I'm Amity. Do you think I would risk my future like that? Honestly!"

"Miss, please calm down. We meant no offense." said the man.

Trinity looked at April who was trying not to smile to much.

"We'll escort you home." said the other man to April.

Trinty gave them a polite nod and returned to her room.

Carmon handed her some clothes, "What was that about?"

Trinity laughed and shoo her head, "They thought I was Divergent."

James sat down with a chuckle, "Divergent? You? You're completely Amity. I can't see you in any other faction."

"I know right?" Trinity said grabbing her clothes to go and change. Unfortunatly, she couldn't imagine herself in any other faction either. But she thought of how different her life could be at that very minute if she had let her blood fall in a different bowl.

And why were they so upset that there might be a Divergent. What would they have done with her if she had told them the truth? Were there any more Divergents out there?"