Faction Before Love Chapter 6

Leon couldn't help but smile.

Was to really happening? he wondered. Am I really dancing with an Amity girl and enjoying it?

Trinity was amazing. The way she moved with him as they danced. The way she laughed and smiled and her eyes sparkled. She was beautiful nod he couldn't stop staring at her.

"This is great!" Trinity exclaimed after they walked off the floor for the third time that night. "And to think, I almost didn't come."

"Well!" Lynna Beth said with mock exasperation.

Trinity shrugged, "It's true."

"Well I'm quite glad you decided to make an appearance." Leon said wrapping his arm around her waist.

Trinity turned towards him and smiled. For a moment, they simply existed. No worries about their factions. No responsibilities for their family. Perfection.

"Oh shoot!" Kyle said suddenly.

Leon and Trinty both turned to see some older Candor gentlemen walking into the room.

"Faction leaders." Lynna Beth said worriedly.

Trinity turned to Leon, "If they find us, we're in trouble."

"I'll create a diversion." Kyle said. He turned to Leon, "Thanks for coming."

"Thanks for inviting me." Leon said shaking his friend's hand.

"Leon, you leave out the back. It shouldn't take you long to get to the train tracks." Lynna Beth instructed. "Trinity, I'll go with you outside."

Trinity and Leon were pulled apart and they both ran in separate directions. Only when Trinity was half way back up the stairs did she turn and look back at him. Leon held her gaze and offered a small wave goodbye. Then she was gone.

He ran out and didn't stop running until he got to the tracks. Then he stopped and bent over to catch his breath. Was it really over? Was that it? A few hours of perfection only to be rushed away in a few seconds. He had had this idea in his head of his and Trinity's goodbye. It was stupid but he would have told her how amazing she was and thank her for releasing him for one night from his already determined future.

Leon looked up and sighed, "Bye, Trinity."

***

"Hey, Leon!" Thomas' voice was heard from the other side of the cafeteria.

Leon smiled but his heart wasn't in it.

"First day of work huh?" Thomas asked.

"Yeah. After I eat, I'll get my equipment and head to the fence."

"Ooo. The fence! Are you nervous?"

"Why would I be nervous? Nothing has happened at the fence since...nothing has ever happened to the fence." Personally, Leon believed that the government built the fence generations ago to create fear. But that was just him.

He ate quickly but he wasn't think about his job. Trinity consumed his thoughts. But why? They danced, that was all. Besides her name and the fact that she could dance he knew nothing about her. He hadn't even seen her without her golden mask.

Still smiling about the Amity girl, Leon went to get his equipment and and followed the other guards to the large fence that rose high above his head.

"It's something. Isn't it, Rookie?" A tall guy with blond hair asked.

"Yeah." Leon exhaled. He stood there silently for about thirty minutes before he realized what he was doing. He was searching the Amity fields.

Don't be stupid, he told himself. You don't even know what she really looks like.

He had to snap out of it. It was a one night. He shouldn't be thinking about it anymore. About her anymore.

"Feeling sick?" Simon asked. "You'll get used to being up this high."

Leon smile good naturally.

After they walked around the different floors of the fence for a few hours, it was lunch time.

"So the Amity fix us lunch everyday?" Leon asked.

Simon nodded, "Nice isn't it? They really are some sweet people."

Leon and Simon got in line to get their food.

"I'll be over here when you get yours." Simon said after he had gotten his tray for lunch.

Leon nodded and grabbed a tray. When he got his food, he turned and placed into someone. She yelped as his food flew all over her. Leon stepped back so quickly that he lost his balance. The girl tried to grab him but she fell to. Landing on top of him.

"Oh no." She whispered.

Leon stared in disbelief, "Trinity?"