Faction Before LoveChapter 14

Hey, guys, in the video section is a trailer for a book. I hope you like it and I hope you can watch it with no difficulty. Tell me what you think.

"You mean we have to jump?" a girl asked.
Leon looked at the edge o the building but he wasn't filled with anticipation.
"What's down there?" a boy who was actually a Dauntless born asked.
"Guess you'll find out." the Dauntless man smirked. "Any volunteers?"
Leon sighed and raised his hand. He had expected to let Thomas go first but things had happened. At the choosing ceremony, Thomas had walked up to the stage, cut his hand and dropped his blood in the Erudite bowl.
Leon had been the mot shocked of anyone. But as Thomas had walked over to his new faction, he had looked happier than Leon had ever seen him.
"Go on, initiate." the Dauntless soldier motioned to the ledge.
Leon jumped up and plastered a fake smile on his face when he turned back to the others and fell back.
He laughed as they screamed and then all he could here was the wind whipping his ears. Then he hit the net. It stung but only for a split second. He wished the pain he felt because of Trinity would end as quickly.
After everyone had jumped, they were separated into two groups. Dauntless born and transfers. Leon followed a guy named Jason to a room where they were left with instructions to go to the dining hall at six.
"I'm so pumped!" A guy named Lewis said with enthusiasm. "We're finally Dauntless."
"You've always been Dauntles." A girl named Maria smirked.
"But not official Dauntless citizens." Lewis shot back. "After these few weeks, we'll finally be where we belong."
Yeah right, Leon thought.
"Did you hear about the new testing?" Another girl, Trixy asked. "They put us in a small room and we get tis shot that makes us face our biggest fears."
"Something like the aptitude test?" Maria asks. Leon caught how the tone of her voice had changed in just a few seconds.
"Yeah." said Trixy, oblivious to Maria's look of concern. "Pretty freaky stuff. I probably won't have that many though."
"I'll bet I have less than you." Lewis challenged.
Trixy turned to face everyone in the room, "How about this. Whoever ha the lowest amount of fear gets to be hoisted up by the others and carried around for a whole day."
Everyone agreed laughing.
Leon was still fixated on Maria who was sitting on her bed and had begun to sweat and was wringing her hands. He waked over to her and bent down so that he was eye level with her, "Can I talk to you in the hall?"
Maria gave him a nervous look but stood. They went outside and walked a little ways. "What?" she asked.
Leon turned to her, "Are you Divergent too?"
Maria's eyes went wide and she covered his mouth, "Be quiet you idiot! Do you want to let the whole faction know?"
Leon moved her hand, "What is it? What are we?"
"We're...different." Maria said slowly.
"Yeah, I got that much. But what are we? Why are we different?"
"We're aware." Maria explained. "When they inject us with things to put us in a simulation, we're awake somehow. We know it's not real. And because of that, we're considered dangerous.They can't control us, Leon."
"What will they do?" Leon asked.
"I don't know. All I know is that we're not supposed to talk about it. Okay?"
Leon nodded. Now he had something else to worry about. Great!

._.

"It' simple. You go in, survive your fears, and then come out. Then someone else will go in. Got it?" Jason, their instructor, looked at all the nervous faces and smiled. "I'm anxious to see what you're afraid of."
Maria leaned over to Leon, "So they can see what we're seeing."
"It would seem that way." Leon huffed.
One by one they all went in. Leon watched in horror as kids came back out shaken and crying. When Lewis came out, he threw up.
When Maria went in, she looked more afraid than anyone. But she wasn't afraid of what she might face, she was afraid of being discovered.
Leon closed his eyes, he didn't want to see her in there. But Maria, unlike everyone else before her, came out after a few minutes.
Jason crossed his arms, "You only have six fears?"
Leon looked at Maria in amazement.
"You're one of the only people to have so few fears." Jason continued. He studied Maria for a moment and then shook his head, "Good job. Leon, you're next."
Maria gave him a tired smile.
Jason gave him a shot of some yellow syringe and shut the door, leaving Leon in a closed space. Leon blinked and the room shifted. There were no more faces peering in at him and the walls had pictures from his home hanging on them.
"Why did you come back?" his mom demanded behind him.
Leon turned and jumped back. His mom was sitting there on the ground and all round her lay his siblings. Their skin was pale and they were so skinny. As if they had starved to death.
"No." Leon sank to his knees.
"Why did you leave us?" his mom barked.
"I...I didn't. I chose Dauntless. I'm training right now!"
That's right! Leon realized. He was training. This wasn't real.
"They're gone! And it's all because you couldn't help. You're weak! You're weak!" his mom cried.
Leon shut his eyes and steadied his heart beat. Slowly, his mom's voice faded into nothingness.
One fear down.
"How about a contest?" Thomas asked.
Leon opened his eyes and stepped back quickly. He and Thomas were standing on the top of a building.
"What kind of contest?" Leon asked.
"Let's see who can make it across three roofs first."
The roofs were pretty close together. Why not?
"Go!" Thomas shouted.
Leon raced beside him. He jumped over the gap of one roof and landed with ease. He looked over at Thomas but that wasn't who he saw. The man who had left his family all those years ago. His father raced beside him and smirked, "Don't get to comfortable." he laughed.
Len tried to stop running and he skidded to a stop right at the edge of the building. Then strong hands shoved him and he fell. Leon knew he wasn't going to die. It wasn't real. He tucked himself into a ball and hit the ground. There was only a second of pain before it was over.
"Here we go." Jason handed him a gun.
"What's this for?" Leon asked.
"The prisoners." Jason said as if it was apparent.
Leon looked at the line of people. The other dauntless held up their guns and aimed.
"I..."
"Do you want to be Dauntless?" Jason demanded.
Leon gulped and aimed his weapon. Then he fired.
"I'll tell your secret." Lewis threatened.
"What?" Leon asked exhausted.
"I'll tell everyone." Lewis continued, "You'll have nothing. Nothing!"
Leon thought frantically. Which secret was Lewis talking about? Trinity? The fact that he was Divergent? What? Leon watched as more people crowded into the dining hall where he was now standing. They all looked at him and then at Lewis, waiting for him to spill.
"Please." Leon begged.
Lewis laughed, "Well since you asked nicely that changes absolutely nothing."
Leon clenched his fists into tight balls. Lewis continued to laugh and the crowd kept growing., "Go ahead. Tell them."
Lewis stopped laughing, "What?"
"Go ahead!" Leon shouted. "I don't care! You're not real!"
And then it was all gone. Leon stood in a dark space. Then a bright light hit him in the face.
"Go to your right." a voice commanded.
Leon hurried over to the right side of what he realized was a stage.
"Go left!"
Leon hurried to his left. Why was he doing this?
"Jump up and down!"
Leon did so causing a group in the darkness to laugh hysterically.
"Spin around!"
Leon, despite himself, began to spin. Faster and faster until he lost his balance and fell.
That gained a big laugh.
"Stand up!"
Leon stood.
"Now dance!"
Leon looked out into the darkness. This wasn't real. There was no one really there telling him what to do. "No!" he shouted at nothing.
"Well done."
Leon turned, "What are you doing here?"
Trinity smiled sheepishly, the way that made his heart melt, "I wanted to see you."
"But this is Dauntless." Leon walked over to her. "I want to see you too but I don't want you to get in trouble." He reached for her but his hand hit an invisible barrier.
Trinity cocked her head to the side, "What?"
"I don't want you to get in trouble." Leon said again.
Trinity put her hands on her hips, "I can't read your lips, Leon."
Leon chuckled, "What?"
"Stop that!" Trinity said getting upset. "Talk to me."
"I am talking to you." Leon said.
Trinity stepped back and her bottom lip quivered, "Alright. Well...goodbye, Leon."
"No wait!" Leon slammed his body into the barrier as Trinity turned and headed back into the darkness. "Please!" Leon shouted. He hit the barrier once more and sank to the ground once more, covering his face.
Silence.
A hand touched his shoulder.
"Now what?!" Leon shouted suddenly looking up.
Jason jumped back, "Whoa! Easy, kid. You're done."
Leon blinked a few times to get used to the light, "Really?"
"Yeah. Six fears just like Maria. And you were only in here for about ten minutes."
Leon stood with shaking legs and followed Jason out of the white room.
Maria came to stand by him, "Let's go back to the room, okay?"
Leon shook his head when they were away from all the others, "Is it because we're Divergent?"
Maria nodded, "That's one thing to be thankful for. Our fear landscapes could have been a lot worse."
Leon nodded in agreement. But he couldn't imagine what could be worse than what he had just been through.