Escape from the Darklands

"I am Gun Robot. Resistance is futile," came a voice off the television. A scene from the famous Gun Robot movie being played. Suddenly, the sound of an alarm beeping from above the T.v and someone snoring was heard. "Give up, Sally. Give up."

The camera finally revealed that it had been Barbara who was sprawled out on the couch, glasses resting in her hair. With a gasp, she jumps awake and slides on her glasses that had fallen off with her quick movements.

"I am Gun Robot. I am superior." She clicks off the T.V. and silences the alarm while calling up for her son.

"Jim? Jim, honey, are you up?" She had finally made it to his door, finding a note on his door. She took a glance at it before she opened the door, finding nothing but an empty bed. "Honey, are... are you here? Jim?" Worry washed over her as the room seemed untouched.

"Oh crap, the news is about to be spilled to Barbara. This lady has been through enough! Please let her relax for a little bit!"

Jim rubbed his forehead shyly. His mother would not handle his disappearance easily. He avoided her gaze, not wanting his heart to break any more. However, he had promised Claire, so his heart was conflicted on what was the right choice.

Jim had finally appeared from the side of the bed, "Oh, hey! Sorry, Mom. Putting these socks on is so easy today." He climbed over the bed, seeming more excited then he should have.

Everyone jumped back in their seats, even the Trollhunters looked shocked at the sight of Jim. Yet, the Trollhunter instantly caught the red flag on why it wasn't him. Toby was the only one who ever struggled with socks, that was his best friend. But how did he do it?

"UM.... Did we miss a whole episode here?! How the hell is Jim back!?" The Trollhunter team finally seemed to understand it, all of them sharing a soft grin.

"Why did Jim mention his socks? But we are glad you are okay."

"You scared me. I was worried you'd run off or-."

"If only future Barbara knew..."

"Run off?" Jim scoffed, his posture was stiff and he didn't seem to be himself. "Where would I go? Some scary underground world? No, I've been here the whole time." He let out a nervous chuckle. "Oh, your-your-your breakfast! Almost forgot."

He began to hum happily, leaping from the stairs, only to lose his footing. He let out a scream as he tumbled down the stairs, the scene changing from his embarrassing moment, to him opening the cupboard door.

Everyone in the theater laughed, throwing their heads back at Jim's fall. Even Steve called him out on it. However, Jim watched with an eyebrow raised.

"Way to be subtle, Jim."

"Did Jim change during the Darklands. How long was he gone to be this weird!?"

"WHY IS THERE SUCH A BIG GAP!?" Eli ignored the constant screams from the students, thinking. His mind ran faster than ever, he knew something was off, it seemed to piece together but something hadn't fit right.

He yelped when he knocked all the cans down, reaching to grab a box and then helping himself in the fridge. Jim twirled the knife with a grin, only to yelp and duck as he lost his grip on the knife, the sharp utensil embedding itself in the counter.

The scene continued to play out, an egg flying over the bowl and onto the counter as a whole tomato had followed, the red fruit actually landing inside the bowl. He pulled up the carton of milk and inspected it before shrugging and pouring it into his mix.