Unbecoming

Author's Note:

Ah, the first episode of the season: Becoming. Now we finally hit Unbecoming. The memories... Also, man, have I've been on a strange spiral lately....

Enjoy!

--------

Side Notes:

Have you guessed it yet? It's probably not as important but Jim is slowly coming clean about something!

-------

The start of the episode was none too kind to the viewers as Queen Usurna quickly made her way down the steps, staff in hand and a non-welcoming look upon her face. Her scowl seemed deadly as her face came into a view.

"You want to know something, I am getting really sick and tired of these starting or ending like crap!" Mary hissed. "Like, why would I watch something that makes me feel upset. It's like seeing someone trying to mismatch outfits. It's sick."

Steve snorted, "now you know how we feel watching you put on a show with a new boy." The crowd gasped as Mary's face turned red due to anger.

"You're just jealous!"

"Lower the prisoner," she demanded, tightening her lips as the cage lowered, Jim jostled around as he gripped onto the bars. The door was pulled open and Jim's arms were instantly locked in the Krubera's vast hands. The Trollhunter grunted and glared at the trolls, trying to remain calm and to not show his fear.

He was pushed forward as Vendel stepped beside Usurna, a gentler tone as he spoke to Jim. "Are you still refusing to admit your friends had any hand in this?"

The Trollhunters sighed, throwing up their hands and turning to Jim. They figured he would take the blame so his friends wouldn't be in trouble. The issue was that Claire and Toby didn't know what was more frustrating, that they knew him well enough to know that he would do that, or that he even did it in the first place.

"Jim, you shouldn't be handling this alone." Claire started.

"But I went in there alone, you wouldn't have been in the Darklands if I didn't. Right?"

"We were going in the Darklands, anyways, Master Jim. One way or another."

"It's my fault. I'm responsible, everything they did was for me." Jim gestured to himself, seeming to not regret anything he has done.

"Then, this is beyond even my authority. I am sorry." Vendel mentioned, looking off to the side. While Vendel rarely showed any negative emotions around Jim, this was serious. The elder struggled to remain eye contact but Usurna was quick to speak, hatred in her voice.

"James Lake Junior, you stand accused of unleashing Gunmar on the world and failing to protect Trollkind."

"Take his name out of your mouth! All because she wants to arrest a boy, Gunmar could be causing more damage and they keep their only protector locked up!" Barbara yelled out. "You think since your whole specie and the planet is in peril, you'd keep the only one who could possibly stop it, locked in a cage! That is my son!"

"Uh, somebody tell me why Trollmarket and the have suddenly become her concern. She lives deep underground and barely comes to the surface because of the light, let Vendel handle it, he is responsible for Trollmarket."

"Exactly, she leaves her own land to take charge of another."

"If you let me out, I can fight!" Jim's argument went no further as her hand was quick to raise, silencing him.