Jimhunters

The scene was dark, the sounds of a heartbeat thumping rapidly as Jim panted, his body not in view, only what he could see as he roamed through the night of Arcadia, shakily moving towards his awaiting house.

Nothing but his labored breathing and dogs barking in the distance was heard as he traveled. From his view, the camera angle changed, and while Jim was hard to see, it was clear that it wasn't the little human boy.

Jim wasn't sure if he should try and get a better look at his new figure, heartbeat rapid as he grew nervous. Did he really want to see it? Especially after the last moments he had taken as a normal human.

He decided against it, unsure if he was even ready in the first place. It was clear that the other students, his mother, and his friends were unsure as well. They hadn't spoken, only watching the screen with both fear and curiosity.

A taller figure took his place, stumbling to the ground as it hunched over. The figure pushed himself back up, trying not to fall as he climbed the steps. Back in Jim's view, his metal dark hand reached for the door handle.

He pushed the door open roughly, slamming it on the nearby wall. Jim hadn't moved any further, standing in the doorway while the sound of glass shattering as it was dropped was heard, Barbara running from the kitchen frantically.

Her voice echoed as Jim had been disoriented. "Jim, are you okay?" She cried, not hesitating to run to him. Her arms reached for him but the boy could barely stand, he grunted as his body fell forward, nothing but black as he crashed.

Blinky sighed sadly, he could only understand so much about what Jim was dealing with, he had only been human for such a little time and the process had begun over a few hours. Jim had submerged himself completely, pushing and forcing such change, even knowing that it was irreversible.

Watching as Jim was weak, and could barely remain conscious was a sight that Blinky wanted to forget. It was obvious that Barbara was feeling remorseful, the way she tensed and how noticeable it was made Blinky quickly swallow his own worrisome and gently rest a hand on her shoulder.

He didn't need to say anything, not like anything could be said.

The focus hadn't been on Jim after, moving to Blinky who had been tied to a nearby tree while Usurna stood in front, never looking back at him, focus on something else.

"Please, I implore you!" Blinky yelled as Aaarrrgghh grunted in pain, being pummeled by a group of Krubera. "He cannot stand it much longer!"

"Whoa, whoa. Why the hell is she beating the crap out of Aaarrrgghh?"

"She really needs to die already, I do not like her and I cannot stand to look at her anymore!"

Aaarrrgghh glanced at his friends who suddenly pushed Jim's unseen transformation aside, now beginning to focus on Aaarrrgghh and his safety. However, Aaarrrgghh hated making people worry and seeing himself defenseless, or rather, choosing not to resist, it made something brew uncomfortable within him.

"Not my wingman too, come on!" Toby cried out in frustration.

"Let this be a lesson, this is what happens to those who defy us!" Usurna spat, the Wumpus diving behind the rocks in fear. She paid no mind, turning to face the exhausted Aaarrrgghh. "Why won't you fight?"

"Won't fight Krubera. They are my brothers, they follow orders from a traitor." In response, the guards raised their fists, growling and threatening another round of beating, however, Usurna raised her hand, stalling them.