(5) Cobalt

Y/N successfully made it to Ofelia's place without being caught, and now she was standing outside the front door, knocking on it gently. After a few seconds Ofelia opened it, grabbing the girl by the collar of her shirt and pulling her in quickly.

Once inside Ofelia released her hold on the girl, breathing heavily as she began to speak. "He's in the basement."

Y/N's eyes widened, realizing Ofelia had actually pulled it off and that they actually had a hostage. Oh shit they had a hostage.

"Take me to him," Y/N said quickly, and Ofelia simply nodded before leading the girl down a dark staircase. Once they were downstairs Y/N saw a single room being illuminated and could hear someone speaking from inside it.

The two girls walked into the room, and Y/N gasped slightly at the sight in front of her. An older man was sat down right in front of a soldier who was being held down by rope and electrical tape.

"Papa," Ofelia started as the two walked in. "This is my friend Y/N. She's the one that helped me. Y/N, this is my father Daniel."

"Has he said anything?" Y/N questioned, skipping over the formalities.

Daniel shook his head. "Not yet," He then reached down, revealing a sharp kitchen knife as he picked it up. "But he will."

At the sight of this Y/N quickly leaned over to whisper into Ofelia's ear. "He's gonna torture him?"

Ofelia shrugged slightly though worry was spread across her face. "He didn't mention it to me..." She whispered back. "Papa, what are you doing?"

The soldier held fear in his eyes, and Y/N watched as he attempted to yell through the tape currently covering his mouth. She felt sick to her stomach. This wasn't who she was. She wasn't a person that tortured innocent people. Except he wasn't innocent, and Y/N kept trying to tell herself that.

"Making him talk," Ofelia's father replied while going to remove the tape from his mouth. "Now where is my wife?" At this point Daniel had the knife hovering over the other's man's arm, and Y/N but her lip slightly in anticipation. When the man refused to respond Daniel swiftly sliced the man's arm, causing him to scream out in pain.

"What the fuck is going on here?" All four people in the room quickly whipped their head toward the door at the sound of someone new entering.

Y/N's eyes widened quickly when she noticed Alicia standing there, a shocked look on her face. Before anyone could answer, Daniel was standing up and walking toward the brunette with the knife wielded. However, Y/N quickly moved to stand in front of Alicia, her hand moving to grasp the handle of the pistol resting in the band of her sweatpants.

She didn't pull the gun out, instead trying to calm down Daniel who looked shocked and angry at the sight of someone else in the basement. "Stop!" She exclaimed as Alicia grabbed hold of Y/N's bicep gently out of fear. "This is Nick's sister. She must have followed me here but she isn't a threat. She wants him back as bad as you want your wife back." Y/N moved her free arm behind her, gently grabbing hold of Alicia's waist as they took a few steps back, causing Alicia's front to push against her back.

As Y/N and Alicia stepped back they could hear Ofelia trying to calm her father down in Spanish. Although neither girl could understand what was being said it must have worked, because Daniel lowered his knife while walking back over to the man who was tied up.

Once Daniel was no longer a threat Y/N turned to look at Alicia, though she left her hand resting on Alicia's waist gently. "Alicia, what are you doing here?" She questioned the girl who was still in a state of shock, though Y/N wasn't sure if it was from the sight of the man tied up or the fact she just had a knife being wielded at her. It was probably both.