The Next Story ( Preview )

A/N okay I've been thinking a lot and finally decided I will be making a sequel. Now this story will not really reflect the 3rd-6th season THAT much.
Also shift in POV for this bad boy...here's a preview

6 Months Later

I never made it to Mexico. I know what you're probably thinking...Y/N, Rosarito was literally only half an hour away...well you try getting past the Mexican military and tell me how successful you are with that. I've got about 4 scars on my body, one of which is above my right eye ( they tried taking it out ), to prove it's not so easy.

Instead of going South once I realized I was probably going to die, I went East. It took a few days to convince myself it was the right choice because all
I could think about was Alicia, but that girl was strong. I knew she could make it on her own, even if she hated me for what I did. Although the thought made me sad, I knew it was likely the truth. I left her, and was it for her own good? Even I couldn't tell you that these days. I thought it was at the time, but only time will tell. At least Nick made it back to The Abigail alive. And honestly, fuck that Luis guy. He was a bitch.

In hindsight I probably should have stayed back on the boat, because then he wouldn't have been able to force one of us to stay ashore...unless Nick spilled the beans and told him there was going to be 10 of us. Then he probably would have been forced to stay behind...See what I mean? My mind has been reeling with hypotheticals lately.

So, I've been on my own since then. I honestly haven't seen anyone alive in months. Either they were all gone, or just really good at hiding. Sometimes at night I hear gunshots, but there's no telling how far away they are. Sound travels pretty far, especially in the canyons.

I've been lucky enough to find gas stations that still have fuel, and somehow Luis's car had made it this long which I'm grateful for. Food isn't too hard to come by either. I've noticed that where I am the people didn't seem to last long, meaning there weren't many supplies looted in the days following the beginning of all this.

Speaking of where I am...Texas. You see, I drove and drove until I finally got tired of it. Honestly, Texas wasn't too bad. I mean sure everyone was dead, but on the bright side I wasn't too far from Mexico. I've been waiting for the troops to finally stand own at the border, but sadly that time hasn't come yet.

All I want is to see Alicia again. To tell her how sorry I am for leaving. I knew Nick would have explained it all to her, but I wasn't sure if that was good enough. I mean, would she believe me if I told her it was the best for everyone? Who knows. Would she believe Nick if he told her that? Hell no.

Anyway, I'm currently in San Antonio, Texas. It's not too far from the border of Mexico, and it also happens to be loaded with supplies. I cannot believe there's so many people that didn't make it out in time, but its been working in my favor. I've been using the trick Nick taught me the whole time, and it works. The downside is I constantly smell awful, but the upside is it keeps the walkers away. Of course I shower, but anytime I need to go outside I just load up on blood and make my rounds. Nothing ever bothers me.

I've been living in a condo. It's truly amazing how nice it is, and I can't help but feel lucky. If I wasn't in in the middle of an apocalypse I would definitely be flexing where I lived all the time. I had an amazing view, a huge living room, and a jacuzzi the size of a literal pool in my bathroom. I guess you could say I've been making the best of my time alone during the apocalypse.

I keep a journal, and every single night I write a note for Alicia. My dream is to one day give them to her, but who knows. All I have to live on is hope these days. Is that enough? Only time will tell.

I like to keep to myself during the day. I figure if anyone is roaming the streets they do so in the midst of daylight. So, I'm currently relaxing in my jacuzzi with a bottle of Prosecco. You see luckily this hotel has a generator, and I'm smart enough to turn off all the lights at night, but during the day no living person is able to tell so I just chill. It's nice to feel a little normal during this godawful time. I cook food, drink drinks, and watch movies. It's a bit repetitive but it's all I really have going for myself at the moment.

However, life can never be that simple.

I was just exiting my jacuzzi when I heard the unmistakable sound of walkers outside. I quietly dried off before getting dressed into a pair of cargo pants, a plain red t shirt, and a pair of worker boots. I assume whoever lived here before did some kind of farm work, but I honestly didn't mind the clothing. After getting dressed I walked down the four flights of stairs to reach the ground, and when I did I noticed a group of walkers entering a corner store across the street. I normally would have let them be, except walkers didn't congregate and enter buildings without a reason.

As much as I liked being alone, my conscious wasn't going to allow someone to die at the hand of the dead. I checked the AR-15 I currently hand strapped across my torso ( perks of being in Texas ) before making my way across the street.

The walkers seemed to be walking around the counter, which I found rather odd. Obviously someone was back there. Without thinking I shot the first one in the head. Then the second. Then the third. And so on until I shot the tenth walker, leaving them all to lie in a pile.

I then walked through the store, stepping on broken glass as I did so, which I assumed is what drew their attention in the first place. As I finally rounded the corner of the counter I heard a voice I never thought I'd hear again.

"Y/N?"

At the sound of my name my eyes shot down to the figure in the floor, who I quickly recognized. She was cowering in fear, as if the person who'd just shot the walkers was planning on doing to same to her next. However, that obviously wasn't the case.

"Alicia?"

As I said her name she quickly shot up, throwing herself into my arms without a second thought. I could feel tears brimming in my eyes as I wrapped my arms around her waist, almost in disbelief that that the girl I'd been writing to for the past six months was actually here.

After almost an entire minute of hugging Alicia she finally pulled away, and I looked over her taking in how much she'd changed. She clearly was doing the same because I soon felt her hand hesitantly reach up and trace the scar that was right above my eyebrow.

"What happened?" She asked shakily, almost as if she wasn't entirely sure it was me yet.

I laughed gently, tightening the grip my arms had around her waist before answering. "Let's just say me and the Mexican military didn't exactly get along..."

Alicia was silent for a moment, and I noticed a tear fall down her cheek as she stared into my eyes. "You really did try to come?"

"Almost everyday until I decided they were going to kill me before I ever got to see you again," I answered honestly while reaching forward to wipe the tear away from her cheek.

"I missed you so much," Her voiced cracked as she pulled me back into a tight hug that I quickly reciprocated.

I shut my eyes tightly, as if the moment I opened them she'd suddenly be gone again. "I missed you more than you could imagine," I mumbled into the crook of her neck.

We were finally together again.

A/N: Sequel will be up soon! I'll post on here when it is.