(11) Trust Me

One Week Later

"IS THIS WHAT YOU WERE WAITING ON?" Y/N yelled out over the sound of bombs falling, the walking dead groaning in the distance, and the waves crashing up against the motorized dinghy she was currently pushing into the water. Inside the boat was Strand, Daniel, Ofelia, Nick and Alicia. Y/N chose to wait for the second round to ensure Strand didn't leave anyone behind. Alicia had tried to argue and get back out but she was being held back by Nick and Ofelia.

"NOT EXACTLY," Strand called back to her.

Y/N managed to drag the boat far enough into the ocean to allow Strand to start the motor, and soon he was taking the first group toward The Abigail. Once they started to move she crawled back out of the water, running over to where Travis was dragging supplies to the waters edge. It wasn't much, but they at least wanted to ensure their stock pile of food made it onto the boat. Y/N and Travis weren't exactly on speaking terms but none of that mattered for the time being. Her main focus was survival.

She looked over to where Chris and Madison were carrying Liza's body, and she quickly shook away the sadness that overcame her at the sight. Her shoulder was aching in pain, but she pushed it aside and continued helping Travis with the supplies. She could hear the dead getting closer, and she knew if someone didn't come back for them quickly they'd most likely die on that beach.

As if almost on cue Y/N heard the boat returning. She also noticed a walker get dangerously close to Madison, so without thinking she pulled out her gun and shot them in the head. She didn't care about the noise for the time being seeing as they were all headed in their direction anyway. She continued to shoot them in the head, thankful she'd just reloaded with some ammo she had found in Strand's attic, as well as the fact she had extra clips in her jacket.

She could hear the boat pull up, and from the corner of her eye she saw everyone heading over to it and getting in. She backed up toward the water while her focus remained on the dead in front of her that were slowly closing in. The second Y/N felt the water hit her ankles she turned around quickly, running toward the dinghy that was being driven by Nick. Her shoulder was practically screaming in pain but she continued to ignore it as she jumped in, Travis grabbing hold of her when she nearly fell back into the water. She nodded her head gratefully toward him before freeing herself from his grip and sliding further down into the boat.

Y/N noticed blood covering her shirt and face, and knew it was from shooting the dead at such close proximity. She would have used something else besides a gun if it wasn't for the fact her shoulder wasn't getting any better, and lifting anything even remotely heavy caused it to hurt more than anything. Pushing the dinghy out into the water had caused her more than enough pain, though she didn't voice it to anyone.

The ride was rough, but everyone sighed out in relief as they arrived to the giant yacht. Nick drove it right up to the stern, the front of the dinghy getting stuck onto the stern itself. Everyone crawled out, Y/N and Nick getting out last. The two twenty year olds pulled the dinghy up onto the yacht while everyone else walked up to the deck. Once it was secured they walked up as well.

"Y/N?" Alicia said while running up to the girl. "Are you okay?"

But Y/N could barely hear her. Her ears were ringing, and her shoulder felt like it was being torn off. She didn't know what was happening, but when her vision started going in and out she looked at her shoulder, seeing a dark red spot slowly covering her jacket.

"Alicia..." That was the last thing the older girl managed to get out before her vision went black. She collapsed to the floor, and within seconds Alicia and Madison were down by her side.

"Mom, what's happening?" Alicia said panicky while Madison removed Y/N's jacket. When she did it revealed that Y/N's injury had opened back up, and Madison quietly cursed under her breath.