(14) Alone

A/N: You guys aren't gonna like me...

Y/N was stressed, and Alicia could tell. They were only a day away from San Diego, and the older girl was moving a mile a minute. She hadn't stopped pacing back and forth since they both went down to their room, and it was honestly starting to stress Alicia out as well.

"Y/N, will you please relax?" Alicia asked from her spot on the bed.

Y/N scoffed as she said this, running a hand through her hair. She did stop pacing, but only to lean her head against the closed door to their room. "Relax? How am I supposed to fucking relax? I'm either about to turn on one of the only people that's ever been there for me, possibly get everyone killed, or wind up stranded in San Diego with all of you."

Alicia sighed, moving to stand up and walk over to Y/N. Alicia could see how tense her shoulders were, and she knew the girl was fighting with herself in her head.

"Please, Y/N?" Alicia asked again while placing a hand on the girl's shoulder. "Just calm down, babe. We can figure this out."

At Alicia's words Y/N's shoulders slowly relaxed. She sighed out gently, closing her eyes for a moment before turning to look toward Alicia.

"Tomorrow morning we're docking at San Diego," Y/N said quietly. "I don't know what to do, Alicia."

"What if I told you that you don't have to worry about it?" Alicia questioned the slightly older girl. Y/N tilted her head slightly in confusion, so she continued. "Everyone on this boat knows now...whatever happens won't be on you."

Y/N nodded slowly. "Your mom talked to Strand, didn't she?"

Alicia nodded back in confirmation while placing a hand on Y/N's cheek, rubbing her thumb comfortingly along the girl's face as she did so.

"Tomorrow morning Nick is going to to retrieve the money from someone in San Diego. Then we're all going to go into Mexico tomorrow. Whatever happens won't be because of you," Alicia explained as Y/N wrapped her arms around Alicia's waist.

The two stood there in silence for awhile, just staring at each other with their eyes full of love. Eventually Y/N broke the silence, but Alicia wasn't happy with what she said.

"If Nick is going then I'm going," She said while staring into Alicia's eyes.

Alicia frowned. "Y/N, you can't g-"

Her sentence was cut off when Y/N leaned in, connecting their lips in a soft kiss. Alicia returned the kiss, though she was slightly offended Y/N had cut her off.

"Just trust me. I can't let anything happen to him, just like I can't let anything happen to you. I'm going to be fine," Y/N said once they pulled away.

Alicia shook her head quickly. "Your shoulder finally healed, you can't jus-"

"Yes, I can babe. I'm going to be alright. I just want to make sure Nick is as well," Y/N cut her off once again.

"If you cut me off one more time..." Alicia stated, though there was a sense of humor in her tone.

Y/N laughed gently at this, pulling Alicia into a hug. Alicia wrapped her arms around the older girl's shoulders while Y/N wrapped then around the younger girl's waist. They felt relaxed in one another's embrace, and Alicia realized she'd never felt as much peace as she did when she was being held by Y/N's embrace.

The next day came quicker than both girls would have liked. They'd spent the entire night kissing, talking about the future, and simply enjoying each other's company. They didn't sleep long, but neither girl complained as they woke up the next day. They were just thankful they'd spent another night together.