(6) Wrong

"Sooo, where exactly are we going?" Y/N asked for the fourth time in five minutes, causing Alicia to roll her eyes.

"You know you're very impatient," Alicia said as the two walked alongside one another. Alicia tried to get Y/N to ride on her handlebars but the older girl refused, so now she was pushing her bike along as they walked through the empty streets.

Y/N laughed slightly. "Yeah, well when the girl that basically hates you tells you to follow her you might be a little impatient yourself," She joked.

Alicia frowned as the y/h/c girl said this but Y/N didn't notice, not thinking anything of her joke. The two continued walking in silence until Alicia finally stopped in front of a random driveway.

"We're here," Alicia said softly while putting the kickstand up on her bike and allowing it to sit up in the driveway. "Let's go," She then began walking toward the front door.

Y/N was confused but followed anyway. The house seemed to be abandoned, and she assumed the family managed to get away before the military fences went up. The two girls walked into the house quietly, and Y/N scanned her surroundings once they were inside. It was a very nice house and the owners were obviously wealthy. There was a grand piano, multiple pictures of a family on international vacations, and the biggest collection of liquor and wine the girl had ever seen.

"Found this place a few days ago," Alicia cut into the older girl's thoughts, causing her to turn to face the younger girl. "I thought it was cool and I figured you could..." She paused for a moment before shrugging. "...you could use a distraction."

"How considerate," Y/N said jokingly, causing a smile to spread across Alicia's face. "What do you do here?"

"I like to just look around," The younger girl said while walking further into the living room. "See how people like you used to live..."

Alicia's comment caught Y/N off guard, but it was true. She was fortunate enough to grow up in a rather wealthy family, though ever since her parents death she's barely used anything they left her. The guilt kept her from dipping into the life insurance money or even using their old house by the beach.

Alicia noticed Y/N's discomfort and quickly continued. "I'm sorry that was so stupid and inconsiderate..." She sighed out, though the other girl just shrugged.

Y/N had a tight lipped smiled across her face as she responded. "It's okay, Alicia," She responded honestly. "But how about you show me around this place?"

Alicia nodded before motioning for Y/N to follow her. The two walked throughout the house, exploring all the different rooms. There was a movie theater in the basement, a cabinet full of any liquor you could imagine, and rooms full of extravagant clothing and decor. Y/N took it all in, amazed by the fact the family left it all behind. As she walked throughout the house she couldn't help but wonder how her old house was. She hadn't seen it since long before the world went to shit, and she figured it'd been ransacked and ruined by now. There was an intricate gate to the house, but that certainly wouldn't have been enough to keep desperate people out.

"Do you like this?" Alicia asked while holding up a dress she found in the parents room. Y/N looked at it before nodding. "Okay, well do you think it would look good on me?"

"I think you'd look beautiful in it," Y/N responded without even thinking. Upon realizing what she said she quickly cleared her throat before continuing. "I mean - I mean yeah you'd look good in it."

Alicia blushed slightly but quickly looked toward the floor, hoping Y/N wouldn't catch the way her cheeks flushed red. The older girl did notice, however, but chose not to say dwell on it.