(15) Alicia

Alicia heard the faint sound of the motor from her and Y/N's room, and smiled happily to herself while moving to get out of bed. She didn't bother changing, too excited to see Y/N returning. As she made her way onto the deck she saw two people on the small dinghy. One was Nick, and one was a man she didn't recognize.

Alicia felt her stomach turn at the sight in front of her. Where was Y/N? She quickly ran down to where Nick was docking the dinghy, and as she got closer she could tell her brother was upset. He had blood on his face, but Alicia noticed clean lines that had come from this eyes...a tear trail. The sight of the blood made her start to feel like she was going to throw up . Her mind jumped to worst case scenario, and she was terrified that it was Y/N's. There was so much.

"Nick!" Alicia exclaimed as he got out of the dinghy. "Where is Y/N?" There was obvious distress in her voice, and the young brunette watched as her brother gulped heavily.

He opened his mouth to reply, but immediately shut in when nothing came out. Alicia watched as the man he was with walked by them, seemingly not paying any mind to the two Clark's that were clearly in distress. In the amount of time they stood there Madison and Ofelia had also walked down, and were both equally as confused.

"Where's Y/N?" Alicia heard Ofelia ask, worry in her voice.

Nick ran a hand through his hair before responding. "Luis, h-he said one of us had to stay behind. He
only had the money for 9."

Alicia was already shaking her head in denial. "No...You're lying."

Madison placed a hand on her daughters shoulder while motioning for Nick to continue. "Y/N stayed behind. She-she said she promised to keep all of us safe, and that if she didn't stay someone was going to die. Luis was willing to kill one of us right then and there if we didn't choose."

Alicia already had tears streaming down her face, not wanting to believe what Nick was saying. She could feel her mom and Ofelia walking closer, but all she wanted was for Y/N to be the one comforting her. She couldn't imagine the girl that saved her being all on her own. The thought made her sick.

Nick then spoke up again, causing Alicia to release a sob that wrecked her whole body. "She wanted me to tell you that she loves you, Alicia. It was the last thing she said..."

Alicia attempted to move toward the dinghy, her mind set on going back and getting Y/N, but Madison held her back.

"Alicia, you can't," Madison said sternly, though even she was clearly upset.

"Let me go!" Alicia exclaimed, though she knew it was no use. She then dropped to her knees, the sobs continuing to wreck her body. "Y/N!" She screamed out loudly, her voice cracking as she did so.

All three of the other people stood there, unsure of how to make things better. That was when Ofelia spoke up.

"What exactly is Y/N's plan out there?" Ofelia asked sadly. She too had tears streaming down her face. In the short time she'd known the slightly younger y/h/c girl she'd been nothing but kind, even jumping in front of a bullet for her. She couldn't imagine Y/N being out there all alone.

Nick shrugged slightly, obviously still shooken up from leaving Y/N. "Luis gave her his car, and told her how to get where we're going. She told me she'd be there. She sounded serious."

"Strand said the borders were shut down..." Madison said quietly, though Alicia heard her.

This only caused Alicia's heart to twist even more. She couldn't bear the thought of Y/N being alone, sacrificing herself for everyone else. It only proved to her that Y/N truly was selfless, though she wished the girl would have been selfish this one time. Only then Nick wouldn't be here, and Alicia knew she probably would have put the blame on Y/N. Alicia silently cursed the girl for being too smart for her own good.