(7) Protect Them

Y/N was true to her word and left Alicia alone the second they got back to her house. The walk back was silent and awkward, and Y/N hated every second of it. She didn't understand why Alicia was choosing to be mad at her when the younger girl literally kissed her - not the other way around. It wasn't fair, but Y/N tried to not dwell on it any longer. She had more important things to worry about anyway.

When Y/N walked into the house she quickly found Madison who was washing dishes in the kitchen.

"Can we talk?" Y/N asked the woman while walking into the kitchen.

Madison simply nodded, smiling slightly as she watched Y/N lean up against the counter. The smile soon turned into a frown when she heard Y/N sigh, and only then did she noticed the upset look on the younger girl's face.

Y/N was upset for multiple reasons, but right now only one was important enough to tell Madison. "I'm going to tell you this, and I know you'll probably freak out," Y/N started while running her hand through her hair. "But bear with me...My friend Ofelia and I w-we tied up a guard," Madison went to say something but was quickly cut off by Y/N who continued speaking nervously. "And look I know that's bad but he told us where Nick and Liza are!"

Madison stared at Y/N with wide eyes, clearly not caring about the fact she knew where Nick was. "ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE?" Y/N cringed slightly as Madison continued yelling at her while also stepping closer to her, getting right in her face. "DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE?"

"Madison, it doesn't matter!" Y/N exclaimed, choosing not to yell back at the older woman. "The soldiers they're-they're leaving. Like soon! Like at any waking moment."

"What are you talking about?" Madison questioned. By this point Travis, Chris and Alicia were all walking into the kitchen, obviously having heard Madison yelling at the girl. Each one held a confused expression on their faces. "Y/N, what are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about Project Cobalt. I'm talking about the fact that the world is so fucked up that even the soldiers are leaving!" She threw her hands up in the air. "We're on our own now, Madison."

Travis stepped forward, placing a hand on Madison's shoulder to gently coax her out of Y/N's face. Y/N remained where she was as Travis started speaking. "How do you know this?"

"The soldier she's holding hostage told her," Madison scoffed out. This caused a concerned look to take over Travis' face.

"It's not just me doing it...my friend Ofelia and her father we-" She paused for a moment, taking a deep breath. "We tied him up and he's been giving us information."

"Did you two know about this?" Travis said while turning to look at Alicia and Chris. Both of them had wide eyes, and Chris looked confused. "Answer me!"

"No!" Y/N answered for them, causing Alicia's eyes to grow even wider. "Neither of them knew...I didn't tell them."

Travis sighed heavily while turning back toward Y/N. "Take me to him," When Y/N didn't make a move to leave the house he raised his voice slightly, reinforcing the fact he wanted to go that second. "Right now, Y/N!"

Y/N nodded quickly, turning to leave the house. As she approached the door she noticed the sun had now fully set and that it was dark out. She realized time was weird during the "apocalypse". She could have sworn her and Alicia had only been gone for a few hours but was now realizing they'd been gone all day. As Y/N turned the door knob, pulling the door open she came face to face with Ofelia and Daniel. She then noticed the soldier standing behind them, his hands still tied.

"They left," Daniel said quickly. "The soldiers are gone and I know where we need to go but we must hurry."

"So you're the other two sick bastards that tied him up?" Travis questioned while stepping in front of Y/N. He looked like he was ready to fight, and Y/N bit her lip slightly as Daniel began to take a step forward.