(9) My House

"You're talking about that boat?"

Strand then smiled, answering Alicia for Y/N. "She's talking about The Abigail."

As Strand said this Nick and Travis walked out, looking over to where Y/N was pointing as well. Nick then laughed slightly. "Wait Abigail is a boat? I thought she was your wife."

"HA," Y/N said jokingly, causing everyone to turn toward her in confusion. "Strand is gay, bro."

"You know," Nick said while nodding and looking back out toward the boat. "I should have seen that coming."

As Nick walked over to lean on the railing Y/N side eyed Travis, who had a guilty face. He knew he fucked up, and Y/N knew he knew as well. She didn't want to bring it up, though. Honestly her excitement to see the boat took the pain away for a minute, but now it was back in full force. She leaned back slightly, groaning out in pain as she did so. Alicia eyed her worriedly while moving to lean down beside her.

"Do you need anything, Y/N? We have pain me-" Y/N shot her a look that made Alicia realize what she was offering was stupid. "Okay, yeah that was dumb. I don't know how to help..."

Y/N bit her lip slightly before looking up at Strand. "Hey, can I get some whiskey?"

Strand nodded, though he didn't answer verbally. Travis looked like he wanted to object but he also know he wasn't in a position to argue with the girl at that moment. Strand and Travis walked back into the house, and Strand grabbed her a bottle before walking back out and handing it to her. Travis didn't return, but she didn't really care where he was.

Y/N took the bottle gratefully. She then unscrewed the lid before taking a giant swig. The girl sighed at the burn before smiling slightly and holding the bottle out toward Alicia. Alicia smiled and took the bottle from her hand, ignoring the look Nick was giving her before taking a small sip.

She cringed slightly before coughing, causing Nick, Strand and Y/N to all laugh. "That burns!" Alicia exclaimed, though she started to laugh as well.

Y/N shrugged while taking the bottle back and going in for another swig. "Feels better than this bullet wound."

As Y/N was talking Ofelia and Daniel walked out to the balcony, giving Y/N a sad look as they looked over at the girl that was clearly in pain.

"Y/N," Ofelia said while walking over to the girl. "I'm so sorry for this."

She shook her head. "It's not your fault," She answered honestly. "James was always gonna come looking for revenge. I'd say he got it worse in the end, though."

Ofelia laughed gently as Y/N said this. Daniel then spoke up from behind them. "Thank you for protecting my daughter."

Y/N turned to look at him while smiling. "Of course, Daniel. But you know what Travis said wasn't true, right? I didn't want to let James go."

Daniel nodded. "Trust me I know. Travis has a lot to learn about this world."

As Daniel said this they heard a loud gunshot ring out through the valley, making everyone tense up and look out toward the beach. Y/N attempted to stand up but Alicia placed her hands on the girls good shoulder, holding her down. Y/N looked over toward the beach and noticed Chris running behind a wall, though she couldn't see what was behind it. Y/N then saw Travis walk out from behind it, his hands on his head. He was clearly upset, and she was confused.

"MOM!" Chris's scream echoed through the valley, causing Y/N's heart to sink. She saw Madison walk out from behind the wall with a gun in her hand and she knew what was happening.