(8) Shot

"Who is that?" Alicia asked while motioning toward the tall man with the dark complexion.

Before anyone could answer he spoke up. "Y/N?"

"Strand?"

Y/N stood there with a baffled look on her face, similar to the one Strand held. She didn't expect to ever see him again, yet there he was.

"You two know each other?" Madison spoke up as Strand and Y/N stared at each other.

Y/N nodded while keeping her eyes on him. "Yeah, we were neighbors..." She drew out.

"You parents would kill me if they saw you now," Strand laughed out while looking at her. "How you been, kid?"

He moved in for a hug that she quickly returned. Growing up Victor Strand was sometimes the only person around. Her parents were always busy, but he always seemed to have time for the girl. It was refreshing to see him again, especially after such a longtime.

"They'd kill both of us," Y/N laughed out while returning the hug. It felt like home. Strand was always there for her, even after she started using. He was almost like a second dad, though she liked to think of him as a cool uncle.

"No way..." Nick laughed out as Y/N and Strand pulled away from the hug, turning to look at him. "I knew I recognized you! You really are her neighbor."

"So I take it heading to your house also means going over to Y/N's?" Daniel spoke up. Y/N turned to him in confusion, not aware that they were heading toward the beach. Daniel noticed this and continued. "Victor mentioned an Abigail? Said we needed to go to his house to retrieve her."

Y/N turned to look toward Strand before laughing slightly. "Abigail? You mean your bo-"

She was quickly cut off by the sound of someone yelling out Daniel's name. Everyone turned to look toward that direction, and Y/N's eyes widened when she saw James standing there, a gun held out and pointing directly at Daniel. She quickly pulled the gun out of waistband but this only caused James to yell once more.

"IF YOU MAKE ONE MORE MOVE, Y/N, DANIEL IS DEAD," James yelled loudly. This caused Y/N to lower the gun to her side while holding her free hand out in a sort of surrender.

"Okay, okay what do you want?" The girl asked shakily. No one dared to make a move, fearful of what James might do.

"I want someone to pay," He answered before moving his gun slightly and pointing it toward Ofelia who was standing right next to Y/N. "Who should it be, huh? The guy that tortured me or the girl that tricked me when I trusted her. Or maybe you, Y/N? The one that punched me in the face and came up with the idea in the first place."

Travis stepped forward slightly, which only caused James to step back while still holding the gun out. He kept it trained on Ofelia.

"James," Travis started speaking calmly. "Don't do this...Y/N and I showed you mercy, now show us some."

James laughed. "You're a good man, Travis. Sadly I can't say the same for the other 3. Or her as a matter of fact," He then pointed to Alicia with the hand that wasn't holding the gun. "She knew and didn't say a word."

Alicia stood there, unsure of what to say. Y/N could tell Travis and Madison wanted to ask her what he was talking about but the two refrained for the time being.

"James, please," Y/N said slowly while moving slightly closer to Ofelia. "You don't want to do this."

"Yes I do," He then pulled the trigger, a loud bang echoing throughout the garage.