Chapter Twenty-One

"STOP!" I screamed as I woke from the night I thought was a nightmare.

"Hey! Hey! Serenity it's okay! Your safe!" Draco put his hands on my face, trying to calm me down. I started crying against him in my hospital bed.

"Dray, was it a dream? Am I a death eater?" I asked him.

"No, but we have matching tattoos now." He said with a laugh. I giggled playfully and buried my face in his chest.

"Hey, your going to be okay. I promise you that." His comforting words rang in my ears.

"Dray," I whispered. "There may be a way to get rid of the marks."

"You know how to-" He started but I cut him off.

"But it's not easy."

"Do explain." He pressured me.

"Go to the restricted section of the library and bring me the book labeled, "Exterminating Dark Magic; By Quinton Blake" Got it?"

"Yeah." he answered me. "But how did you find this out?"

"Do you really think I just go to sleep every night?" I smirked at his confused face. He laughed and ran to the library. 30 minutes later he returned with the book I asked for.

"Bring Harry, Ron and Hermione. They'll want to see this." I said to him. He left again, leaving me to read the book. I skimmed through the titles until I came across a portion relating Vela's.

"Relating to the subject of the Vela race, sightings have discovered that a way for a Vela to be rid of dark magic imprinted inside them, (i.e.; Dark Mark, Horcruxes, blood injections etc.) Sightings say, a vela who witnesses one of their loved ones dying or dead, they will exterminate dark magic within a 20 kilometer radius. But the pain of the extermination will most likely kill the vela. There has never been a survivor of this event."

I stared at the page in disbelief and sorrow. "There has been no survivors of this event." Those seven words rang through my thoughts. Would I die if one of my friends die?! Or Harry or Draco?! I can't let them die, I can't let them die. I said those words over and over to myself until Draco returned to my side.

"Serenity?! Serenity are you okay?!" Draco's voice made me realize what I was doing. I was in the feeble position, rocking back and forth on my hospital bed.

"O-oh... Sorry... I just-" I tried to keep talking but my voice cut off and a round of sobbing escaped my throat. I felt his hands on me and I abruptly stopped when I felt his touch. I could feel his pain and fear and it jolted me to my senses.

"Draco, your scared. I can tell." I said after clearing my throat.

"I can see the book Siren. you saw something you didn't want to see. I'm worried, you know that right?" He was pale as a sheet, slightly trembling.

"Sorry, I didn't realize what I was doing, but yes I did read something I didn't want to see."

"Sis," Harry cut me off before I could tell them. "You don't need to tell us right away."

"No I can handle it, you don't need to worry about me."

"How bad is it?' Hermione asked from behind Harry.

"Well let me tell you," I recited what I found in the book. And they went pale when I mentioned how, "There has been no survivors of this event."

"So if one of us dies, so will you?" Harry's asked, pale faced.

"Yeah..." I close the book and lean back on my pillows.

"So what do we do?" Ron asked.

"We train, work our magic to it's fullest. Bring back the D.A everyone who needs to train. We have to be prepared for anything." I said while staring back at the ceiling.

"But what do we do about the marks?" Draco asked me. My face went pale and my mind replayed, "There has been no survivors of this event." over and over again in my mind.

"Serenity? Are you okay?!" Draco's voice brought me back to reality. I realized I was again in the feeble position.

"Sorry I-" My voice broke and trailed off.

"I think we best not worry about that for now." Harrys reassuring tone made me feel a bit better.

"I think we need to inform the headmaster." Hermione suggested.

"Not yet." Harry said. "We need to figure out what to do first before we inform Dumbledore."

"Well we should probably inform the old D.A members. They'll want to hear about this." I said, trying to get out of bed. I managed to stand, but I fell when I tried to walk.

"Honestly these stupid legs!" I yelled in frustration down at my feet. This made everyone laugh. I smiled and sat back down on the bed.

"I'll go message the old members!" Hermione offered.

"Sure that would be great!" I turned to Harry.

"Harry, Ron, I want you to set up the room of requirement for a meeting. Draco, carry me there?" I said mockingly to Draco who was glaring sarcastically at me. Ron started laughing and Harry snickered as he left.

"Oh fiiiiine. Draco scooped me up in his arms bride style and ran after Harry and Ron."

"You know Dray," I said to him while he ran. "I made you carry me like this just to embarrass you right?" I was giggling into his chest as he ran.

"Is it that obvious?" He said sarcastically. I nodded and laughed.

"Dray, I don't think there's a way to get rid of the marks without death." My tone was serious now.

"Yeah, I guess we'll just have to deal with our tattoos for a while longer." He said with a smile. He finally caught up with Harry, sending him into a fit of laughter. Once we entered the room of requirement, Ron was sitting in a chair with Hermione. And a group of maybe twenty other people.