Arai Yui

Akashi sat on the bench contemplating and thinking. The identity of the girl Arai Yui wasn't that hard to get a hold of and everything seemed normal with her. He couldn't put a finger on it, but it felt like the girl held so much more secrets than she let on. Whether curious because of her delicious dumplings or hating he couldn't figure her out, Akashi wasn't exactly sure what drove him to look into her.

Of course it wasn't like she was dangerous or anything. She seemed like a good person. A good person hiding many things that is.

His teammates played well as usual, practically destroying everyone on court. He felt his eye flicker and it turned orange before switching back to its original red colour. Akashi sighed. His...other self had been acting up recently and he had a hard time suppressing it. He knew his other self was turning him into something...scary. It was slowly dominating him and he could feel his personality changing as days went bye.

He couldn't recall when he had discovered his other self. Perhaps it was when Murasakibara challenged him, or maybe it was when Kise joined the team and they effectively began dominating all opponents. Akashi somewhat knew that this other self will eventually change him as a person which could be both a good or a bad thing.

[Alright readers. So I think I messed up alot of what happened in Teiko and things are probably out of order but this is a fanfic so...YOLO]

Kuroko was probably the only one, aside from Midorima, to notice the change in Akashi. The blue-head saw his captain sitting on the bench, his mind occupied on something other than the game. When Akashi helped him realise his potential, he was deeply grateful to him and considered the dark-pink/red head a friend of sorts. Kuroko was just very observant in general and it helped when he was always in the shadows. He saw that something was changing in Akashi ever since he dominated over Murasakibara a week or two back.

Actually, everyone was both shocked and terrified when the giant was completely overwhelmed by someone half his size. Who knew Akashi could be that...awesome? Scary? Badass?

Oh they had absolutely no idea.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

||Yui's POV||

I sat in class and brainstormed various ideas for my novel. My writing had improved a whole lot since I first started and my income from it has been steadily growing. I'll definitely have enough funds to live a decent life wants I leave the orphanage.

Unfortunately, unlike how I usually get away with not paying attention in class, it seems like this substitute teacher wasn't having any of it.

" Excuse me, Arai Yui, it seems my class is so boring that you have the nerve to do something else than listen to me," The male teacher who looked to be in his thirties, glared at me as he pushed up his glasses.

" Detention for you. During lunch, you are to clean the trophy room with Joichiro sensei as your supervisor."

My sweat dropped as did everyone else in the class who felt pity for me. It was a well known fact that Joichiro sensei was one of the worst teachers in the school. Not only was he lazy half the time, he was also a pervert who preyed on girls. It's a wonder why the hell he was still allowed to teach.

I could feel Kuroko and Momoi's concerned gazes and a gave them a (fake) reassuring smile.

The bell rang and I got up. Momoi immediately came up to me.

" How could he do this? Everyone knows what kind of man that fatty is!" she scowled. Kuroko patted her and turned to me.

" I agree. That man is not a good person. Maybe I can help you," he offered. Ah Kuroko, you're such a sweetheart.