The First Date (?)

Yui's eyes snapped to the side as her face turned red and she almost screeched.

"Why are you guys here?!"

Ignoring her question, Hiro said, "Jeez Yui, I had no idea you were so bold."

"Mou, this is embarrassing. You guys weren't supposed to hear that," At this moment, Yui wished nothing less than to crawl in hole and die. But not before Kagami gave his response. She huffed and turned back to look at the red-head who was frozen in place. His lips moves trying to form words and in the end;

"You...wha.."

"I'm not lying Kagami-kun. I really do like you, for a while I have actually but I wasn't going to tell you until later because I was scared."

"Scared my foot," Haruka muttered lowly. Yui was too focused on her feet to notice.

"Well Kagami? What do ya say? Don't leave the girl hanging," Hiro said. Kagami glared at him making the former flinch and back away behind Akito who rolled his eyes.

Kagami turned back to Yui and his ears were tinted pink. After sorting out his chaotic mind for a good five minutes, he finally said something.

"....you,"

Yui looked up, "What?"

"...like you. I like you too dammit!" he blushed like a middle school boy going through puberty. His hand rubbed the back of his neck, "I...thought you wouldn't like me back."

"You--This isn't pity like is it? No I mean...for real?" Yui couldn't stop the smile that slowly took form on her lips.

Kagami just nodded and averted his eyesight. But then, he felt something soft touch his cheek and blinked in shock at Yui who blushed. As the two were too busy lost in their own world, the trio watching on the side just stared blankly.

"Maybe I should get a girlfriend too," muttered Hiro.

"What girl would be stupid enough to go out with you?" Akito remarked mercilessly. Hiro pretended not to hear him and instead spoke to Kagami.

"Now that you've both confessed, isn't it only right you ask her on a date now?"

"S-Shut up!" growled Kagami. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Yui looking up at him with hopeful eyes. He huffed and asked in a low voice, "You...are you busy tomo-"

"Nope!"

"Then do you wanna go-"

"Yep!"

"Oi let me finish!"

Yui burst out laughing and wrapped her arms around his waist. After a minute, she felt his arms slowly come around her body and the two just stood there hugging. The trio on the side saw this as their sign to get lost and walked away leaving the couple to themselves.

Going back inside the building, they came face-to-face with a very pale-faced Rio. He saw them and burst into tears.

"Wahh! Where were you guys?! I thought she was gonna kill me."

"I would have covered up the body," Haruka smirked. "You deserved that by the way. How could you be so dumb to cook freaking noodles in the storage room?"

"I-I was hungry." sniffed Rio. "But seriously, where were you guys and where are those two?"

The three friends looked at each other and smiled. "Well...let's just say you missed a good show."

"What?"

""Nothing...""

"Oh come on guys!"

-*-*-*-*-*-

{Note: Things may turn kinda cheesy and cringe}

[The Next Day]

[Yui's POV]

I was digging through my closet when someone knocked on my door.

"Come in,"

The door clicked and Niko walked in wearing a surprised look. "What are you doing Yui-chan? I heard you rummaging through your closest from my room."

"Ah sorry bout that. I uh was just looking for something to wear for my ...te" I whispered the last bit.

"Your what?"

I coughed and averted my eyes, "M-my date. I'm going on a date."

I knew what was coming so I counted down; 3...2...1-

"KYAAA!!!!"

Oh boy. Here we go...

"My baby sister's going on a date!! Okay okay, don't worry, nee-chan's got you covered!"

'I wasn't really worried but okay.'

Suddenly, there was a frantic knock on the door.

"Yui! Are you okay? I heard a scream!" the voice belonged to Sora.

"I-I'm fine. Nee-chan's just excited." I opened the door slightly to peek at him. He let out a relieved sigh.

"Oh. Okay. Sorry for bothering you,"

"No problem but," I eyed the item in his hand, "what's with the frying pan?"

Sora looked down and chuckled awkwardly, "I was..uh experimenting...something..."

"...riiight."

After another awkward second passed, I just closed the door and slapped my forehead.

-*-*-*-*-*-

[Third Person POV]

Kagami's shirt felt suffocating for some reason. He tugged at the collar, which wasn't even tight, and swallowed a lump. His choice of outfit consisted of a black t-shirt, jeans and his red converse. Basically, it was his regular clothing aside from the jeans. With the addition of his chain, he didn't look too bad at all.

"Taiga!"

The red-head turned towards the voice and saw Yui jogging towards him with a wide smile on her face. His face heated up when he took note of her outfit.

It consisted of a light blue loose fitting dress that fell to below her mid-thigh, paired with black boots. Her hair was done in a side braid and there was a tiny hint of make-up on her face. That was of course the work of Niko as Yui herself wasn't the biggest fan of make-up.

"Ohayo!" she beamed. "You look even more handsome than usual."

Kagami blushed hard. 'Doesn't this girl ever feel embarrassed?'

"T-Thanks. You - look good too." he mumbled clumsily. When he looked at her, he caught sight of her red ears and blinked before internally smirking.

'So she does get flustered.'

"Thank you, Taiga." she grinned. "S-So what's the plan for today?"

Now Kagami here has no experience in dealing with the matters of the heart and in the end, he had consulted the only one he trusted with such things. Alex. But, he should've have known better than to ask his mentor who was R-18 most of the time. Her advice was stuff you wouldn't dare consider on the first date and inexperienced and advice he'd rather not remember.

In the end, he had only him himself to rely on, not wanting to bother Kuroko or any of his teammates. That was only an excuse of course. Kagami was too embarrassed to ask them for advice on 'how to treat a lady'.

So, he opted for the next best thing.

The internet.

The words - 'what to do on the first date' - was typed into his search bar and he picked the one that appealed to him.

"How about we go to the arcade?"