Growing Isn't so easy apparently/ The first game

Ryu and Sora stared at their imouto who was oozing a dark aura. They looked at each other questioningly before Ryu motioned for Sora to speak. Sora glared at him and hesitantly spoke up.

"Ano, is something the matter Yui-chan?"

"What makes you think that?"

"Uh well, you're suffocating Atsushi Junior," he was referring to the stuffed animal on her lap that had a weirdly accurate resemblance to their young brother. Yui saw her hand squeezing the poor doll and let go of it sighing frustratedly.

"You're right. I...have a problem," She brushed her hair away from her face and leaned on her palm.

"Boy trouble?" Niko asked appearing out of nowhere. Ryu and Sora jumped and clutched their chests before glaring at her for scaring them. Niko smirked and took a seat next to Sora.

"Whose having boy trouble?" Hiroshi questioned walking down the stairs.

"Yui is," Ryu said.

"What? No I'm not,"

"Then what is it that's got you brooding?" Sora asked. Now all the siblings were seated on the couch staring at their youngest sister.

"....."

"Well?"

"I....haven't grown since the beginning of last year," Yui huffed. Her siblings stared at her.

"That's it?"

Yui glared at Ryu who put his hands up in surrender. "It is a problem because I don't want to be stuck at 152 cm for the rest of my life. I look like a freaking child." *Sigh*

"How did you guys do it?" Yui asked.

"Do what?"

"Get tall. There must be some secret method right?"

Niko looked the girl and pat her head, "The secret method is called genes hun,"

Yui scowled and grabbed a magazine on the side and shoved it front of their faces.

"Here, look. You see this model? Look at those curves and hips, look at those long slender legs-"

"You're starting to sound weird," Sora remarked shifting away from the girl. Yui glared at him, "My point is...I want to look like my age and not like a child, I mean, take Momoi for example,"

"Momoi is you and Atsushi's pink haired friend right?"

"Yeah and she's fully developed unlike me!"

"Maybe she drank a lot of milk?" Ryu suggested. His siblings just gave him a blank look and rolled their eyes. "Alright fine, the school year is starting soon so how about we help you grow before then? I read some stuff online before so we can try them out. It'll be a good experiment as well,"

"The school year starts in like two weeks,"

"Exactly, this method requires precisely two weeks,"

Yui smiled brightly, "Then what are you waiting for, lay it on me,"

Objective 1: Have a full 8 hr sleep each night.

Yui went to bed at exactly 10 each night and woke up at 6 in the morning.

Objective 2: Have a proper balanced diet.

Yui sat at the table and stared at her neatly portioned food and ate it while grimacing.

Objective 3: Follow this stretching and exercise schedule.

Ryu directed her as she copied the stretches and exercises on the website. Niko smirked and turned to Hiroshi and Sora, "How much you wanna bet she grows less than a centimetre?"

Hiroshi rolled his eyes, "I don't bet when I know I will lose,"

Sora on the other hand; "You're on,"

The two agreed on 2000 yen and they continued to observe Yui and their brother who most likely gave the poor girl false hope that she would grow.

This went on for two weeks straight and the day finally arrived to check the results.

"Alright Yui, stand here," Hiroshi told her. Yui took a deep breath in and out before walking to the wall he pointed to and stood with her back against it. Everyone held their breath as Hiroshi aligned the measuring tape.

"...."

"Well? What was it?"

Hiroshi felt pity for his imouto when he announced the result, "You grew like 5mm. Sorry Yui-chan,"

"Dammit Ryu, thanks to you I lost 2000 yen," Sora growled slapping the money in Niko's outstretched palm. Both person's got a well-deserved slap on their head.

"Ignore these idiots Yui. Are you okay?" Hiroshi asked holding Ryu back by the collar. After hearing the result...or lack of result, the boy was ready to make a run for it. Yui looked sad, on the verge of tears but they never fell. Instead she sighed and stepped away from the wall.

"I'm not angry Ryu. I think I already knew that my efforts would be for nothing but I did have a bit hope," Yui said. "Thank you though,"

Niko brought the girl into a hug, "It's fine to be short. As long as you're still cute and adorable and we get to baby you," That was her attempt at comforting. Yui just snorted but appreciated her words nonetheless.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Yui sat at the desk in her bedroom and noted down points from her computer. Homeschooling was a new experience for her but so far she enjoyed it. She checked the time on her watch and smiled. 'It should be right about now huh. Kagami and Kuroko's first game together...'

Meanwhile in Seirin High.

A hothead with red hair grabbed the shirt of a smaller boy and barked at him, "Enough? What the hell are you talking about?!"

The coach of Seirin, Aida Riko, sat on the bench watching the game as the referee. 'Even I forgot and I'm the referee,'

Suddenly, the whistle from her mouth dropped as she stared at the group of first years arguing. Her eyes widened in shock when she spotted a blob of blue hair standing blankly while the red head American returnee was shouting at him and being held back by the other first years.

'How long has he been in?'

The game restarted and Kuroko asked his fellow first year to pass the ball to him.

'What can you do once you get the ball? At least don't let them take it.' the first year thought. He saw Kuroko open and passed the ball to him. All of a sudden, the ball changed direction and ended up in Furihata's hands who was near the basket. He tossed it and it went in.

The second years were confused. 'How did the ball go through?'

Riko on the other hand was sweating. She saw the whole thing and her mind quickly put together the pieces after watching the game go on. The ball kept changing direction and curving like some invisible force was directing it.

'Misdirection. A technique used at the slight of hand. He's drawing the opponents attention away from himself. To be accurate, he's not using his lack of presence but rather directing his opponents attention elsewhere.' Riko analysed.

'He's the invisble regular at Teiko who excelled at passing. I've heard rumours but I didn't think he really existed. The sixth phantom member of the Kiseki No Sedai.'