Unexpected News

After Yui's first visit to the Murasakibara's house, she continued to go there when Murasakibara didn't have practice to tutor him and somehow ended up in the kitchen. Everyone was used to her presence and actually looked forward to her coming over. It wasn't too surprising though because Yui was well-behaved and nice plus she always made something that tasted amazing.

Mr Murasakibara was shocked when he learned she was an orphan because her attitude made it seem she came from a good family. The eldest brother of the family, Hiroshi, returned to see his younger siblings raving over some middle-school girl. He was confused but when he officially met her and tasted her cooking, he too became a Yui fan.

Meanwhile at school, Murasakibara seemed to follow Yui wherever she went and even made an effort to come to her classroom during breaks. This went unnoticed by the GOM and they were surprised how attached this giant became and wondered if Yui slipped him some magic potion or something.

It was during lunch when they were truly blown away though.

" Seeing how well you two are getting along, I trust your tutoring is going well," Akashi said. He had returned the day before and was immediately informed of what was happening by the vice-captain.

" Yes Akashi-san. Murasakibara is really improving," Yui said. The rest were very skeptical since they knew how difficult it was to help the purple haired boy study.

" I got full marks on the latest test,"

*Spurt*

*Choke*

Everyone aside from Yui, Akashi and Murasakibara spat out their water or choked on their food.

" Murasakibaracchi, you shouldn't joke about that," Kise chuckled while cleaning up his mouth.

" I'm not. Here," Murasakibara showed them his test paper and indeed, there was a full mark and and A+ plastered at the top. The GOM refused to believe their eyes and slapped and pinched themselves to make sure it wasn't a dream.

" Y-you, how did you do it Arai-san?" Midorima stammered as he stared at the sheet of paper.

" Araichin makes it easy for me to understand," Murasakibara said as he patted the girl's head. He and Yui were sitting next to each other and he kept eating from her lunch box.

" What?"

" Um well Murasakibara-kun here finds it difficult to study they way other people do. Midorima-san, Momoi-san, I bet you guys force him to memorise the notes and make him study your way am I right?" Yui asked. The two mentioned nodded their head.

" That's where you're wrong. Not everyone studies and learns the same way. Some work better by memorising, others by seeing pictures and the rest by doing practical work. With Murasakibara-kun, he loves eating snacks and understands the concept of basketball. What I did was incorporate things he already knew into his studies and worked around it. "

Everyone blinked at the girl's explanation and Midorima wondered why he never thought about that. They probably would've figured out such a method later but right now they were still middle-schoolers. Akashi was once again impressed by this girl. She was clever and creative.

" I see. It's amazing you came up with such a method Yui-chan," Momoi said. Kuroko nodded along also feeling respect for the said girl.

" Thanks Momoi-san,"

" Ehh, why are you so formal? You can call me Satsuki-chan," Momoi pouted.

" Yeah Araicchi, you don't have to be so formal you know. You're our friend," Kise said. Aomine didn't say anything but agreed.

" Then i'll use kun instead of san,"

" Ne Yuichin, can you come over again today? Nee-san wants you to teach her to make chocolates," Murasakibara said.

" Sure but don't you have practice today?" Yui asked.

" Ryu-nii and Sora-nii will pick you up,"

Everyone was listening to the two and they were surprised. Aomine spoke up, " Arai-san, you are close with his siblings?"

" My siblings treat Yuichin like a younger sister and my parents treat her like a daughter. They love when she comes over because Yuichin makes yummy food,"

"Ehhh, no fair, I want Araicchi to cook for me too," Kise cried.

"No way," Murasakibara said. He put a hand on Yui's head and kept it there like he was claiming his territory. His teammates couldn't believe how attached the giant was and Yui couldn't quite wrap her head around it as well.

Akashi's eyes glinted, " Arai, tomorrow come over and cook for me,"

....Nani??

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Yui waited at the gate with the GOM who tagged along for some reason. A black car pulled up and Sora jumped out and ran to pick up Yui.

" Yui-chan! I missed you,"

The GOM blinked. Murasakibara wasn't kidding when he said his siblings loved her.

*thwack*

" Put her down idiot. Can't you see she's dizzy?" Ryu hit Sora who pouted but placed Yui down gently.

" Ehh are these your friends Atsushi?" Ryu asked when he looked the rainbow group who stared at the siblings with twitching eyebrows. They were titans.

After a round of introductions, Yui got in the car and Ryu drove off. The GOM had way too many surprises today but pushed it aside as they focused on practice.

Yui was greeted by a hug from Niko who then quickly dragged her to the kitchen. Apparently, Niko was trying to impress a guy at her university and wanted to give him chocolates. When her family heard, they burst out laughing and pitied the unfortunate guy who caught her interest.

Thus, Yui was called over as a result so Niko wouldn't embarrass herself. The kitchen was pretty chaotic since Sora decided to join in on the 'fun'. He and Niko began arguing over the recipe and Yui did her best to calm them both down.

In the end, they successfully made a batch of chocolate that turned out decent enough to give away. Niko thanked Yui and squished her in a hug which she seemed to love doing and Yui struggled for air.

It was around 4.30 when Mr. and Mrs. Murasakibara arrived home. They saw Yui sitting on the couch chatting with Ryu and they called her over.

" Yui-chan, could you come here please?" Mrs. Murasakibara asked. She and her husband looked nervous for some reason and the other siblings raised an eyebrow at their parents' weird behaviour.

" Take a seat here dear. What we want to talk about might be a bit surprising," Yui sat down feeling anxious herself at what they were going to say. Did they not want her to come over anymore?

The adults looked at each other and both grabbed her hands that were resting on the table. Yui blinked in confusion.

" Yui-chan, how would you feel if you became a part of this family? You already are in a way but we want to make it official,"

Yui's eyes widened and her heart rate sped up. "Y-you mean..."

" Yes, we wish to adopt you."