Maid café

Yui stood blankly wondering where it all went wrong. Here she was...in a maid outfit taking orders from weird otakus in a maid café. Kagami on the side looks like he's given up on life. How did this happen, it all started two hours ago.

-*-*-*-*-

<2hrs before>

"Now then hime, who won?" Rio asked. Everyone watched the brunette as she took a deep breath and opened her mouth.

"Kagami, you were cool but I'll have to say Rio-san,"

Kagami's face blanched and Rio yelled, "YES!!!"

"You traitor! If you weren't gonna vote for me then you shouldn't have forced me to take part in the first place," Kagami growled. Yui gave him a sheepish smile. "Gome Kagami-kun, I was going to vote for you but I didn't realize Rio was going to be so good,"

"Fufu, well then LOSER, prepare yourself because my dare is something you'll probably curse me to my grave for," Rio smirked.

"What is it?"

-----

"You can't be serious. I'll kill you!" Kagami snarled at Rio who was hiding behind Haruka. Yui didn't know what to say except she really didn't expect this.

The group was standing outside a maid café located near the skate park.

"H-hey, you have to do this since you lost. Besides it..isn't too bad. You just have to help out a bit." Rio said still scared the tiger will attack him.

"Do you know the owner or something?" Yui asked.

"Yeah, the owner is my aunt actually and she's been needing help since a few workers had to leave,"

Just then, a woman stepped out of the cafe donned in a cute maid costume and when she saw Rio, she smiled.

"Ara ara, Rio-chan, you brought some friends?" The woman had black hair and blue eyes covered with glasses.

"Ahaha hai. I brought you some volunteer workers," Rio said. "That guy with red hair is Kagami. He can help you out today,"

"Oh? Nice to meet you Kagami-kun. You must be such a kind young man to volunteer your service," Rio's aunt said. She had a teasing glint in her eyes. "You can call me Akari-san,"

Once again, Kagami wanted to refute her words but was forcefully dragged inside and shoved into a room. The poor boy came out with a red face dressed in what appeared to be a neat butler get-up and had his hair swept back.

Yui burst out laughing and took out her phone again making sure not to miss such a rare moment. The redhead cursed his wretched fate and glared at the group who were giggling uncontrollably. He made a mental note for this to be the last invitation he'd accept from Yui (we all know that's not true).

Suddenly, Akari-san spoke words which in turn, made Kagami smirk and snicker. "Ne, since the rest of you are free as well, why don't you all help out too?"

"Oh, we don't–"

"You'll help out, right?"

"No–"

"Right?" Akari-san, despite having a sweet smile on her face, scared the crap out of the group with her dark aura. Yui shivered and was unable to reject the woman.

They were all forcefully shoved into rooms and dressed in maid and butler outfits. Yui came out looking absolutely distraught and she narrowed her eyes and Kagami snapped a revenge photo of her. Although Kagami was smiling wickedly at her fate, inwardly, he thought she looked cute. (Oh my, what shoujo manga have we walked into?)

When Kagami realized his thoughts, he blushed and quickly shook his head. 'No way I think she's cute. Nope, she is nothing but a nuisance.'

Yui was obviously unaware of the redhead's inner turmoil and snickered at the rest of the group walking out looking 'positively lovely' in their new attire. Rio looked pale on the verge of death since his 'cool' bad-boy look was now replaced with that of a loyal butler.

Haruka looked disgusted at her own dress and Hiro....well he actually seemed to be checking himself out. His friends just stared as the boy looked himself up and down in the mirror and smirked as if he hit jackpot with this outfit.

Akari-san, now known as a demon, clapped her hands. "Now don't you all look wonderful. Fufu, now I will teach you the basics and what you need to do. We will open at 10.30,"

With that, everyone was made to learn the basics of 'serving' and taking orders from customers. Kagami's skill in the kitchen was revealed somehow and he was tasked with helping the prep of the desserts. The rest were tasked as waiters and waitresses and they all blanched when told they were supposed to address customers as 'master' or 'mistress'.

This whole maid café made Yui recall a certain shoujo anime (can you guess which one) and she wondered how she ended up in this mess. How the hell did skateboarding get her a job at a maid café?

-----

The doors opened at ten-thirty on the dot and the customers slowly built up. Yui and the rest managed to keep up at first however, as peak hour hit, multiple mistakes were made and the group barely made it to the end.

Yui probably did the best out of all of them and made the least amount of mistakes.

Despite being coerced and forced into this, the group of teens diligently did their jobs and got a nod of appreciation from Akari-san. She was especially happy to have met more of her nephew's friends. She knew the kid found it difficult to make friends given how he looked so she was delighted when he showed her his new friends; the scary-looking Kagami and the cute Yui.

The regular customers were surprised at the new staff but did not voice any complaints about the mistakes made which Yui and the group were thankful for. Kagami in the kitchen did his job perfectly although it was a first for him to prep desserts quickly and also struggled to keep up with what seemed like the never-ending customers.

Everything went fine aside from a couple of weird otaku's openly staring at Haruka and Yui, and Kagami looking like the world was ending from his place near the kitchen. The one major issue was when a customer attempted to grope Yui but was forcefully removed and sent away (*cough beaten*) by the one and only demon lord, Akari-san.

That little event caused the atmosphere to shift slightly and everyone was worried for Yui who just brushed it off and continued completely unaffected. Despite looking calm on the outside, Yui had panicked when she was groped as it brought back certain memories she would have liked to forget.

Everything returned to normal shortly after and soon, the end of the day had arrived. To commemorate this day, Yui proposed they take a group photo. Kagami immediately refused but one look from Akari-san got him scrambling to face the camera lens.

Akari-san treated them to some tea and biscuits as compensation and handed them a payment of 3000 yen (just above $27 USD).

Of course, they were all delighted when they received payment and bowed thanking Akari-san who waved them off saying it was the least she could do after forcing them to work. Kagami and Yui left right after saying they needed to return home and they farewelled Rio and his friends.

Everyone exchanged contacts and to Kagami's disappointment, agreed to meet up frequently. He simply refused to make any promises and said that he had other things to focus on.

Whether she noticed it or not, Kagami definitely had more fun than he thought and something unusual sprouted up within him.

____________________________