Losing isn't the End

Yui was up in the stands watching the match. Aomine had yet to arrive however, Touou was still powerful putting immense pressure on Seirin.

Imayoshi smirked and said to Seirin. "We alone are still stronger than you."

The points so far were 10-4 with Touou in the lead. Touou style of playing could be said to be the complete opposite of Seirin in the sense that while Seirin puts their focus on teamwork, Touou promotes individual growth like Teiko. The players barely glance at each other and attack when they can by themselves. In a way, this team was perfect for a player like Aomine.

Yui let out a small laugh when Kuroko attempted to catch a stray ball in the air. He was too short and luckily Kagami jumped for it.

"Good job Kagami. And Kuroko..?" Izuki caught the ball from Kagami. Kuroko didn't exactly do anything but it's the effort that counts.

Kagami scowled at his partner. "What's with that wimpy jump? Don't jump if you can't get it."

"I could've gotten it," Kuroko pouted inwardly.

"Lies!"

<Meanwhile>

Kise walked up the stairs and came past the railings. "Sup? I'm late again."

There was someone standing behind the railings looking down. The person turned around when he heard Kise and the blonde looked confused when he saw the person.

"Midorimacchi? Who are you?"

"Oh?" Midorima said. "Wait....How did you find out?!"

"Are you idiot? Why are you wearing sun-glasses?! You're such a disgrace! Take them off," The blonde shouted.

"What?!"

Later, Kise learned the reason for the green-head's 'disguise'.

"So that's how it is. You told everyone you weren't coming but you still did,"

"That's not it! I was just taking a walk around here." Midorima huffed.

"A walk...this far from your house?" Kise drawled. This guy was such a tsundere.

Their conversation continued and so did the match. Seirin was not doing well and they dreaded when the monster would appear. Momoi's ability wasn't going to make the game any easier for them either. Despite liking Kuroko, she wouldn't go easy on him; one, because he wouldn't want that and two, because she loves basketball no less than any player.

She wasn't the manager of Teiko for nothing.

The first quarter ended with Touou leading by four points.

Yui bit her bottom lip nervously. If she was honest, she really didn't want to attend this match and wasn't sure why she came. For support? Not like Kuroko or Kagami were aware of her presence there. Seirin was destined to lose anyway since the match would be over for them once Aomine arrives. He

She decided that when Aomine comes, she'll snap a couple photos and leave. It was cowardly of her but she couldn't care-a-less. Although this match had a lot of psychological damage on Seirin– specifically Kuroko and Kagami, it also helped them see what they were lacking. Yui doubted Seirin could've beaten Rakuzan had they not lost against Touou.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

He was here.

The surrounding atmosphere on court grew tense as Aomine stepped in and threw an arm around Kagami who jumped and shoved it off. Kagami grit his teeth and Kuroko narrowed his eyes at his former light.

Yui frowned and snapped a few shots before leaving the stadium.

Unfortunately, she wasn't watching where she was going and accidentally bumped into Midorima and stumbled back.

"Ack, sorry,"

"Yui?" Midorima looked at the small figure that bumped into him and recognised the voice.

'Ah crap.'

"Ehehe, nice to see you again Midorima-san," Yui chuckled anxiously.

"Ehhh Yuicchi!" Kise jumped and hugged the girl. "What are you doing here?"

"Idiot. Obviously she's here to watch the game." Midorima said prying the blonde off the girl who was turning blue.

"Yeah but I'm leaving now," Yui said tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Eh? Why? The game isn't even finished." Kise stated.

"I know but the outcome is decided."

At that, both boys raised an eyebrow.

"Oh? Who's going to win?" Midorima asked.

"Touou,"

Midorima and Kise didn't seem surprised but asked anyway, "What makes you say that?"

"Seirin is strong. That much is obvious seeing they beat the two of you but Aomine-san is in a league of his own. With Momoi-chan's data and number 4's brains, there is little to no hope for Seirin," Yui said glancing at the court.

"I see." Midorima muttered. He too had somewhat drawn that conclusion though a part of him thought Seirin had the tiniest chance. Kise didn't say anything and contemplated on her words.

"That's not all." Yui spoke again. "Seirin has a strong offensive power however there are three things that'll contribute the most to their oncoming loss."

"Oh? What are they?"

"Firstly, Seirin's inside is weak. Very weak, compared to top schools. That alone is a major downside when playing against a miracle. Secondly, Ka-number 10 and Kuroko are way too dependant on each other. Although their teamwork may have contributed a lot to earlier matches, they are actually holding each other back from developing their individual talents. Lastly, number 10 has yet to awaken his full potential and his legs aren't fully healed from the match against Shutoku."

For a moment it was silent. Kise, along with Midorima were stunned that Yui analysed that much. [Let's be real, she just said what she saw from the anime]

"S-Sugoi Yuicchi! I can't believe you know so much," Kise said still awestruck. Midorima agreed with him. "I had no idea you paid so much attention to the games."

Yui blushed and coughed. "W-Well I mean, my friends and brother are technically all fans and players so it's only right I learn a thing or two. Besides, it's fun watching you guys play."

Just then, the group heard a loud *smash* and turned to see Aomine wearing a smirk while landing after an impressive dunk.

"Aaand, that's my cue to leave. I'll see you guys later,"

Yui ran off before Midorima or Kise could say anything.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seirin lost just as Yui had predicted. Touou had doubled the score and completely overwhelmed them.

The next couple of matches, Seirin were in disarray. Kagami couldn't play with his legs and Kuroko...his mindset probably took the biggest blow and he constantly made mistakes in his passes. The two weren't talking either which worried the team.

They lost the matches and eventually, Seirin was out of the Inter-high.

Yui messaged Kagami to see how he was doing but there was no response. She didn't take it to heart knowing he needed to recover mentally and didn't push him.

Of course, this wasn't the end but in fact, just the beginning.

____________________________________________________

A/N: This chapter was a bit shorter than usual and I'm not really happy with how it came out but meh. I'll probably edit it later. This is also the end of the second volume and starting from the third volume, Kagami and Yui's relationship will start developing.