Boyfriend Defeats Brother

Yui arrived home at ten o'clock later that night. The time spent at the hotel with her brother and her brother's friend was fun. They spent their time smuggling in snacks, ordering room service and watching some classic Japanese movies before Yui decided it was time to go home.

Funnily enough, she never did run into any of the other Yosen team members aside from the coach who nearly mutilated the two boys for bringing a girl back. After a lengthy explanation, the coach apologized and told Murasakibara to send her home safely.

Yui bid the two boys farewell and promised to come to watch their games. She was going to anyway even if they didn't ask her.

The next main match for Yui in the Winter Cup was Seirin vs Nakamiya South with the former narrowly won. And the game taking place at the same time was Yosen against Yamanoe High.

The purple's victory was unprecedented.

81 - 0. A total victory.

Yui swallowed and said, "How brutal. They didn't let a single person score."

She slipped into the match halfway and snapped some photos of her brother who looked as bored as ever. 

Yosen's match in the third round had a similar result with them taking a full victory and the other team being unable to score a single basket.

After that match, their next game against Seirin was highly anticipated. Would Seirin be able to break the shield of aegis or will they fail?

For many, they simply couldn't picture the great Yosen losing and they assumed the team had a guaranteed victory. It was as if Seirin's match against Touou was utterly forgotten.

Oh well, they'll learn soon enough that Seirin is a lot stronger than they think.

-----

Yui sat down in the middle of the stands. The long-awaited match between Seirin ( the dark horse) and Yosen ( the shield of aegis) was about to commence.

As Yosen entered the court, the spectators cheered with loud applause. Seirin's applause was a little lower but they still had a good number of fans.

Yui took pictures of both teams - specifically of her brother and boyfriend before placing her attention on the match. Although she knew what was going to happen, it was interesting to watch in person.

The ball was tossed in the air and Murasakibara did a foul. Accidentally of course so the ball went to Hyuuga.

And for the entire first quarter, Yosen dominated the game. Yui couldn't help but cringe as Seirin's attempted attacks didn't work against her brother. 

The second quarter begins and Kiyoshi and Kagami attempt a combined attack but Murasakibara's reflexes were just too good. Luckily, Seirin had their shadow who was able to secure their first points via his phantom shot.

The game finally picked up pace and became more interesting to the crowd as Seirin was able to pierce aegis' shield. 

Yui made sure to take pictures of Himuro as well as he did his amazing fakes and mirage shots. Yui was always kind of salty to the way Himuro let his jealously end his relationship with Kagami but she knew they made up in the end and found some kind of solace in that.

Plus, Himuro wasn't a bad guy at heart. 

Just a teenager.

And he was plenty good at basketball himself.

Ahem - back to the game. (Author always gets off topic)

Seirin was struggling. That much was obvious and Yui could see that Kagami was trying his best to enter the zone. But, if the zone was that easy to enter, anyone could do it.