Maji Burger Meeting

"Don't be too late. If something happens then call otou-san okay?" Yui's mom told her. Yui nodded her head before heading out the door.

A cool breeze blew by and she wrapped her arms around herself and quickly made her way to the nearest bus stand. Luckily she had made the decision to wear knee high boots which helped keep her legs warm. It was a wonder why it was cold when it wasn't even winter season.

A couple of days had passed and Yui had kept herself busy through school work and photography. She smirked as she remembered how she managed to obtain pictures of Kagami and Kuroko's first game together by bribing a young girl in their school with a Kise scrapbook. Yui had taken time to put such an item together knowing it could be used for bribery. Without Kise's knowledge of course.

The bus stand was empty so Yui took a seat and pulled out her phone and ear buds to listen to some music. Sadly, it seemed certain artists from her old world did not exist in this one but she managed to find other singers who suited her liking. They weren't bad either.

She hummed along and stood up when the bus arrived.

*Swish*

The doors opened and she scanned her card and sat at the back next to an old lady.

The bus left and Yui stared out at the passing scenery. She had to admit, she missed the bus rides by herself. Nowadays, it was usually one of her older siblings who would drop her places but they were all busy with work and university.

Her stop came and she pressed the button.

Considering it was just after school, the streets were filled with students wearing their uniforms and parents. Yui checked her list on her phone and went to her first shop. Last night, she was organising her pictures and decided to make a scrapbook to store them like the one she made featuring Kise. Only this time, it will contain everyone.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Oi you Bakagami, remember to rest. If I find you haven't...." the coach didn't finish her sentence and just let the red head imagine the worst case scenario. Kagami scowled at the nickname and mumbled a reply before stalking off.

All the training today had worked up quite an appetite for him and he was to tired to cook. That meant, Maji Burger for dinner.

The tall red haired boy caught quite a bit of attention on the streets - mainly due to his intimidating face and also because he was tall. He made a stop at a sports shop after spotting a pair of basketball shoes. His eyes also scanned over some basketball magazines and he picked one up to scroll through.

All of a sudden, his stomach made a funny sound and he left the store with a red face to go to find some food.

The big 'M' sign was lit up and people were going in and out of the fast food place. Kagami placed his order of ten burgers and a large cola, earning many stares and he took a seat by the window.

Meanwhile, Yui had just finished obtaining her supplies when she felt her own stomach grumble.

"Hmm, I could really use some fries and a milkshake," Fries and chocolate milkshake was her favourite combo. Her eyes spotted the 'M' sign and she hastily made her way there.

Yui ordered her food at the counter and looked for a seat. She took a sip of her milkshake and almost choked when she saw a very familiar face sitting by the window staring outside.

'Oh my gosh, oh my gosh.....K-Kagami. In the flesh! Okay Yui stay calm, stay calm and breathe.' She took deep breaths in and out and contemplated the best way to make contact with him.

Clearing her throat, she put on an air of coolness and walked up to the unsuspecting boy.

"Ano, is this seat taken?"

Kagami turned his gaze away from the window when he heard a voice and his eyes widened when he saw a pretty brunette standing before him.

"Sorry to bother you but everywhere else is full," Yui said. She wasn't lying. When she looked for a place to sit, all the tables were full and Kagami's table was the only one left with one seat. How lucky for her.

"N-no it's not. You can sit there," Kagami said in a gruff voice. He wasn't intentionally rude, just a bit awkward.

"Thank you," Yui sat down. She inwardly smirked, 'fufu, that was easier than I thought. Now to start a conversation.'

"Do you play basketball?" Yui asked giving an innocent look.

Kagami was momentarily surprised at the question but answered, "Yeah. How'd you know?"

"Your shoes. I saw similar ones at the new basketball store down the street,"

"I'm Yui by the way,"

"...Kagami Taiga," the red head said. He stared at the girl who took a sip of her drink and ate a fry. This girl in front of him seemed odd. When she asked if he played basketball, it seemed like she already knew the answer.

"Do you..uh play?" Kagami asked back. Despite being a teenage boy in high school, he had close to zero experience interacting with girls. His master didn't count and the coach seemed more like a female gorilla at times. He was slightly nervous talking to this pretty girl although his intimidating face said otherwise.

"No I don't. But my brother does. He's very tall and has good reflexes but he always complains that he hates basketball. I know he doesn't really." she said thinking of a certain purple-head.

Kagami frowned a bit when he heard her but asked, "What position does he play?"

"Centre I believe. You must be a power forward huh," Yui commented.

"...how did you know?"

"Lucky guess. You...gave off that vibe," That was bullshit obviously. Yui had done enough stalking and research to know the positions of all the characters.

Kagami looked surprised again but also suspicious. 'She might be from a rival school or something.'

His uncertainty was later answered when she told him she was homeschooled. The two began talking and Yui knew exactly what topics to bring up, that is, basketball, food and America. Kagami was caught in her trap without knowing and thought she was an interesting girl.

Later on, Yui received a message from her mom asking her to come back home so she had to end their conversation.

"We'll probably see each other more in the future, especially if you continue to play basketball. Do you wanna exchange numbers?" Yui asked fidgeting in her seat.

"Wha- Uh sure,"

The two exchanged contact and Yui got up and left after waving good bye. Kagami watched as the girl hurried across the street and scratched the back of his head. Whether he wanted to admit it or not, he really enjoyed talking to her and couldn't wait to meet her again. It wasn't like he had a crush on her, but she seemed to enjoy similar things as him.

It was nice to have a friend like that. Kuroko was a...friend(?) but the only thing the two of them had in common was basketball. Other than that, they were polar opposites.

This Yui girl didn't seem to mind his obsession towards the sport nor his short temper which he accidentally let out during their conversation.

That night, the two messaged each other continuously and ended up sleeping late.

Kagami was punished severely the next day when coach discovered his eye-bags. What the punishment entailed...it's better to be left unsaid.