Part 3

1 week later
                Emerald's POV

        "Wake up moron," somebody said as they hit me with a pillow. I rolled over off the bed and hit the floor, hard.
"Stupid" the person mumbled as I blinked my eyes open and in the frame, I saw a curly-haired boy, Mattheo. I scrambled off the floor,

"What are you doing in my room?" I spat

"We leave in 20 minutes," he said smoothly

"WHAT! You Idiot!" I looked at myself in the mirror, my hair is naturally straight so it just needs brushing out, and I don't need makeup I'm pale as a ghost. I quickly put on my outfit, which is a green skirt, white collared skirt, and black long sleeves.

 I quickly put on my outfit, which is a green skirt, white collared skirt, and black long sleeves

I walked down to the front door where Mattheo was standing. "We're apparating, the train will pick us up" he held out his hand for me to take, I declined

"I already know how to," I said and then closed my eyes and felt like I was being twisted and when I landed I felt like I was going to puke. Not long after he showed up beside me and just walked through platform 9 3/4. So I followed him and right when I walked through there was the train, it felt different though not seeing students bustling to get to the train or saying emotional goodbyes to their families. I didn't see Mattheo anywhere so I just walked on the train, pretty much all the compartments were empty so I just sat down in a compartment, alone.

Not long I had to use the loo and went to go find it, but there was a rat in the middle of the hallway, one thing I don't do is rats. "Aaaaaahh" I squeaked before I burnt it and all that was left was burnt ashes. I heard claps coming nearer, and as I turned I saw Mattheo leaning against the compartment door behind me.

"Impressive fire, but who's afraid of rats," he said

"Everyone has their fears, what are you afraid of?"

"Death,"  he answered

"Then you're afraid of life because every life has death in it," I said as I turned around to head to the loo.

The train started slowing down and when I looked out of the compartment window it was dark outside, perfect for dinner. I grabbed my bags and headed off the train when I got to the boats Mattheo walked up beside me. We walked onto the boat and once we got to the castle Professor McGonagall was standing on the top of the staircases looking at a scroll-like it was telling her somebody died. I remembered Professor McGonagall, she was very fond of me and always supported me and treated me like her very own daughter. I smiled instantly when I saw her, "Professor!" I yelped as I ran to her as she looked up at me with gleaming eyes.

"Emerald, my dear! You have no idea how much I've missed you, and look how much you have grown!" She said as she started tearing up.

"Yeah, who knew you could grow in a casket" I laughed, she looked at me like she had so many questions but didn't ask them, thankfully. She looked at Mattheo behind me and cleared her throat.

"You both can follow me," she said as she opened the Great Hall doors. All heads turned to us as we walked inside, every boy looked at me and every girl looked at Mattheo.

Once we got to the steps Professor McGonagall took out her scroll, "Blackwood, Emerald" I heard gasps and now everyone was staring at me once I went to the stool. The hat got placed on my head and shouted, "SLYTHERIN!" The table on the left stood up and cheered. My face lit up when I saw my old friend Draco Malfoy. He had dark eyebags and looked tired but when he heard my name he shot his head up and smiled at me as if that was his first smile in ages.
I quickly ran to him and hugged him then sat down.

"I've missed you" he whispered in my ear

"I've missed you too" I whispered back

"Riddle, Mattheo" Professor spoke out not long after the hat shouted "SLYTHERIN!"  I clapped for him as he sat on the very end of the table. Once dinner ended I explained everything to Draco and went to bed.

The first day of classes, that's great. I got ready and walked down to breakfast. As I walked down the hall people stared at me and it was too overwhelming for me so I ran to the only place, the astronomy tower. I used to come up with her in 3rd year to get some alone time. I heard footsteps come up the steps and turned my head, Mattheo. He was lighting a cigarette and didn't see me, I'm glad because he would make fun of me for crying.

"Crying on the first day are we?" He asked when he looked up at me

"How'd you know," I said

"Your eyes are red and puffy, you can't let them get to you Emerald their not worth it, you just came back from the dead for Christ's sake," he said, I just stared at him for a while.

"What?" He asked

"You said my name"

"First time for everything, don't get used to it though I'm pretty drunk right now"

"Drunk words are sober thoughts," I said as I smirked as I stood up. "Oh, and there's a party tonight in the common room," I said as I was walking down the steps.

For some reason I got this feeling there isn't bad in Mattheo as he thinks there is, sure I might despise him but I have a very small soft spot for him. Maybe it will grow someday.