Part 10

Emerald POV

    I opened my eyes to a blurry light, I blinked a couple of times before my eyesight became clear.

"Oh dear, thank the wizarding gods you awake" Madam Pomfrey came into sight looking down at me. The memories came flooding back, The Yule Ball, and Harry trying to kill me. Someone saving me who had curly brown hair with a red tint in it.

"How long have I been out?" I mumbled thinking it was only a day.

"A week," she said as she made me drink a turquoise blue potion that tasted disgusting.

"A week?!" I swallowed down the potion and made a sour face.  "Who brung me here?" I asked as I tried to identify the brown hair.

"We still don't know, they just left you here," she said

"Where's my dress?" I looked down at the pajamas on me

"It's on your bed, in your dormitory," she said as she gave me a ghastly-looking green potion. I drunk it fast and stood up, I wobbled a bit before walking to the door.

"Ms. Blackwood come back straight this instant!" I heard Madam Pomfrey yell but I just kept walking.

I made my way to the Great Hall and stormed in looking for Harry. Heads turned my way as a shocking silence went over the Great Hall. I found Harry talking to Ron and went over and sit beside them. Harry looked unbelievably shocked while Ron just stared at me with his mouth agape.

"Hello, Harry" I smiled a fake smile as I ate a piece of bacon, "Surprised to see me?" I questioned

"Well Harry, which is now Potter, you better watch your back, I don't forget and certainly don't forgive" I whispered in his ear.

I stood up and looked at Ron, "Ron you've been a great friend, unlike some people I've met" I said as I walked out of the Great Hall.

I was about to turn a corner when I ran into a hard chest, "Hey! Watch where your goi-" I stopped myself when I looked up and met eyes with, Mattheo. He had dark circles under his eyes, and his hair, his hair was curly brown with a red streak in it.
I gasped right there.

"What?" He asked as he stared at me

"You're the one who stopped me from falling to my death" I whispered

"Well you had already fallen" he mumbled then started walking away

"Why?" I asked as I ran up to him

"Why what" he snarled

"Why do you have dark circles under your eyes? Why did you save me?" I asked

"Not telling you, and father needs you for the war"

"Answer my first question"

"You know when you use your fire powers your eyes are red," he said changing the subject

"Yeah, now answer the question"

"Why do you care? Huh, your the only one that cares, tell me why you do" he stops and looks at me.

"I can't answer that question" I whispered not knowing why

"Then stop caring," he said, I finally figured the reason out, Draco used to have eye bags when he couldn't sleep, because of nightmares.

"Why are you having nightmares?" I asked

"I'm not having nightmares" he gritted his teeth

"Riddle, what are you afraid of"

"Just leave it alone, okay," he said before he stormed off.

I was left there standing in the middle of the hallway, I went to go back to the dormitory when I ran straight into a chest, what is it with me running into a chest.

"Oh, I'm so sorry" I felt hands pull me back up and when I opened my eyes I saw a curly-headed brown hair boy staring back at me.

"Woah," we both said at the same time, we both laughed together

"Are you new?" I asked because I saw a load of books in his hands

"Is it that obvious?" He smiled at me

"So you came to Hogwarts at almost the end of the year?" I asked shocked

"Yeah, I'll get sorted at dinner, my names Miles Bletchley" he put out his hand for me to shake

"Well Miles Bletchley, I'm Emerald Blackwood," I said as I shook his hand

"Your Emerald Blackwood? I've never seen a picture of you but I thought you were going to be ugly"

"Why did you think that"

"Well you came back from the dead, so I would think you would look deformed not what you look like now"

"So you think I'm pretty" I smiled as he blushed

"Well I've heard of the Bletchley family you'll do a great honor if you make it into Slytherin, but if not I'll still be your friend," I said, he put his hand over his chest and made a hurtful face

"What?" I questioned

"You called me friend," he said as I chuckled, he stood up and looked at me.

"Nice meeting you Emerald, can you point to the Headmaster's office please," he said as I told him the directions and the password, he walked off and I was left in the hallways, alone.

                                Miles Bletchley

Miles Bletchley