Part 8

Emeralds POV

   I woke up feeling good today, I made a new friend last night, Daphne Greengrass. I walked to breakfast looking decent today. Once I got in the Great Hall and looked over to the Slytherin table I saw Daphne waving me over to a spot beside her. I sat down beside her and was about to grab a piece of toast but a hand already beat me to it. Draco grabbed my piece of toast and bit into it while sitting down.

"Emerald, who's your friend here" he looked over at Daphne and took a long look at her.

"Hey" I snapped my fingers in front of him "Her names Daphne Greengrass, and she's already somebody's"

"Who's?" He asked

"Mine," I said as I death glared at him

"Ok, ok" he held his hands up in defense and winked at Daphne before walking over to his goons, Crabbe and Goyle.

"I was thinking, we could go dress shopping today," I said to Daphne, but when I looked over she was staring at Draco.

"You two would make a good couple, honestly"

"Wait, what?" She said curiously

"Daphne, he needs someone and I can't be there all the time for him, your perfect, you made me happy in a matter of seconds," I said as her face softened

"I've seen how Draco acts, he's rude and vile," she said softly

"He puts up a front but behind that shield is a soft little child," I said as I squeezed her hand

"Yea, yea let's go I don't want to miss the carriages," she said as she stood up.

   We made our way to the carriages and Daphne and I got in a carriage with Theodore Nott and Pansy Parkinson. They were a power couple honestly, Pansy's beauty outshone Theodore's handsome features. They looked like a goddess and a god together.

"Your Pansy Parkinson and Theodore Nott," I said with shock, I've heard of them but never have seen them in person.

"Yeah, and your Emerald Blackwood" Pansy said as she to looked at me in shock.

"And your Daphne Greengrass" she pointed to Daphne, still in shock from me though.

"I've heard about you but didn't expect you to be, well, hot," she said to me

"Same to you, but what'd you expect me to look like?" Pansy didn't answer but Theodore did.

"Well when we heard you accepted Harry Potter as your date we thought you were well, ugly," he said as he looked at Pansy, they both set far away from each other and you could see they just wanted to go out in public with their relationship.

"You know you don't have to hide it" they looked at us confused, "your relationship" they looked at me like I just told them their dog died.

"How do you know?" Asked Pansy

"You can see the look in your eyes," I said to both of them "Why don't you go public?"

"We don't want the attention," Daphne and I laughed together at that answer.

"There might be attention but it'll only last for like 2 days don't get too full of yourselves," Daphne said because I couldn't breathe from all the laughter. Thank goodness we arrived at Hogmeades because it looked like Theodore and Pansy were about to kill us, literally.

Daphne and I decided to go to the Hog's Head before we went to the dress shop. We went inside the pub and sat down in a booth, I asked Daphne what is the best here and she said butterbeer. When the waiter delivered the butterbeer I tried it and it warmed my soul immediately. It tasted like uh I don't know what it tastes like, everything is different in their way. I took my last slip and wiped the whip cream mustache off of my face. Daphne and I turned our heads when the bell rang which signaled somebody had come into the pub. There standing with Astoria Greengrass latched onto him was Mattheo Riddle.

"Duck" I whispered to see what they were doing

They walked over to the booth behind ours and sat down.

"Oh, Mattheo I knew-" Astoria got cut off

"Look I have a job for you, Blackwood needs to be put in her place, you can get into her room, I can't so put this hair dye in her shampoo bottle," he said seriously, I looked at Daphne and we both knew where we were going after dress shopping, Zonko's.

After Hog's head and trying to sneak out without Mattheo trying to see us we headed to Madam Duke's Dress Shop. When we arrived, Madam Duke knew both of our names and said it was such an honor to host both beautiful young ladies. She led us to the dresses she thinks would look most beautiful on us. She led Daphne to Blue and led me to Green. I looked through all the dresses and one particular dress struck my eye. I immediately grabbed it and took it to the dressing room. I looked in the mirror at myself and for the first time, I felt beautiful. I walked out with the dress on the hanger and placed it in the checkout, Daphne came right beside me and placed her dress on the counter. I couldn't see her dress because Madam Duke had already put hers in a black bag then put mine in a black bag.

"Ladies I'll deliver them by owls," she said. We walked out of the shop and knew what shop we were going to go to next, Zonkos. We went inside and got body dye and hair dye. Instead of green, we got red for the upcoming Gryffindor match.

I had Daphne take Draco out of the room so Draco wouldn't get drunk and blab all about what's about to happen. I picked the lock on the door and walked straight to the bathroom. I saw A shampoo bottle and conditioner with Draco's name on them so the others must be Mattheos. I filled that bottle up with red dye and shook it up. I ran outside the bathroom headed towards the door when I saw the doorknob moving.

"Shit" I mumbled, I tried to find a place to hide, Dracos bed has all his quidditch gear under it and Mattheos was, empty. I laid on the floor and rolled under his bed. The door got pushed open and all I could see were feet.

"Silencio," said a voice, it belonged to Mattheo, all I could hear was the sounds of kissing.

"Did you do it?" He asked

"Yes," the other voice which belonged to Astoria said

"Ok I gave you a kiss that's all," he said

"What? You had sex with Tracy Davis but won't have it with me?!"

"No, I had Tracy blow me off," he said casually, I held in my scoff.

"You know I'm leaving"

"Ok," he said, which sounded like he didn't care

"Ugghhhhh" all I could see was her foot stomping on the ground than walking away.

"How much perfume does that girl wear?" He went into the bathroom then I heard the shower running so I crawled up from under the bed and ran out of there.

The next day, at breakfast Draco and Daphne came in holding hands. I dropped my toast out of my mouth.

"What the actual fuck?" I looked shocked then I started smiling "Cute" I simply replied going back to my breakfast.

"We talked yesterday and I like him," Daphne said and Draco smiled, for the first time I saw him genuinely happy. We were talking about the Yule ball when Mattheo came storming in the Great Hall and looked around for me.

"You little, witch" he stormed over to me furiously while everyone watched the show

"Yes, Riddle I'm a witch way to show Gryffindor spirit but you're in Slytherin," I said as I looked up and down at his body which is now red, and his hair.

"I'm going to make your life a living hell Blackwood"

"It already is, mate" I winked, and to scare him I made my eyes fire and set his shoes on fire. He mumbled a spell to put it out and stormed out.

Everyone laughed afterward and cheered, I saw Tracey and Astoria running after him. I haven't laughed in a while, I just need to remember to change my shampoo bottle because tomorrow is the Yule Ball.