Part 27

Happiness, the world is something I say every day but I hate it. What's the point of being happy if it gets taken from you any second? I'm genuinely concerned for the Hufflepuffs, how can they be happy and like everyone at the same time? That's why I like Hufflepuffs though, they make me feel like I'm a human.

     I walked through the halls, boys stopping me to ask if I have a date to the ball, girls glaring at me. I say "no" because these boys deserve someone who likes them, which is not me. I got distracted by my thoughts when I got pulled by my elbow into an empty corridor.

"You're going to the ball with me" commanded Riddle

"Who said that? I didn't say such a thing" I said looking around

"Listen, you won't have to deal with boys asking you to the ball and I won't have to deal with girls asking me," he said as I considered it, there were still 4 weeks until the ball.

"Deal," I said holding out my hand

"Deal," he said smirking as he shook my hand

I just made a deal with the devil himself, I thought to myself as I walked away.

4 weeks later

    Riddle was right, I didn't get any more invitations to the ball once they found out Riddle was escorting me, although I did get glared at by many girls.

"I can't believe you're going with him" mumbled Daphne as she slipped her dress on

"It's just a ball," I said

"It's probably our last ball" she whispered with tears in her eyes

"Daph, there isn't going to be a war" I lied, I knew one was going to happen just I didn't know when.

"Let's just go," she said heading towards the door, Daphne looked beautiful, she looked like a fairy.

                                 Daphnes Dress

                                 Daphnes Dress

                                   Emeralds Dress

                                   Emeralds Dress

I walked beside her as we headed down to the common room, where everyone was. I caught Riddle's eye as he stared at me in a way I have never seen him look at me. He was dressed in an all-black tux with a glass of whiskey in his hand, he sat the whiskey down and walked towards me.